Big Red Drum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTerp

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Took a short family vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina last week. My brother and I rented a half day inshore charter as a Father's Day gift for my Dad. Fished the Pamlico Sound with Bak Bar Charters out of Hatteras. Can't say enough good things about Captain Will and his operation. We didn't have the luck I was hoping for, but Captain Will worked hard to get us on some fish. He was very accommodating and once he realized we could fish a little bit he let us be pretty involved, which was nice. We caught plenty of pinfish a few trout and a couple rays. But the morning was slow so we decided to focus on drum fishing with the outgoing tide towards the end of the morning and that's when my brother hooked up on a big one. Of course, it hit on the lightest rod/reel we had setup with 20# line. Took about 15 minutes to get it in the boat and was quite the fight making multiple trips around the boat, under the anchor line, etc. Went 48" even (citation size is 40") and a guesstimated weight 50-60#. Will definitely be booking another trip with Captain Will next year. A good time was had by all!!

ART_1498165450633_zps0ajrg6tm.jpg

ART_1498165327089_zpshyn1l1o7.jpg

Latest posts