River carnage.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least they got it back to the launch, looks like the Susquehanna claimed another one!!
Good video, thanks for sharing.

overboard said:
At least they got it back to the launch, looks like the Susquehanna claimed another one!!

Yes, it's good that they got it out of the river. But ****! I hate second-guessing volunteers especially after 5 hours, but it made me sick to see it flipped and then they dragged the motor on the ramp. I believe the motor could have been salvaged.

Riverdog said:
overboard said:

Yes, it's good that they got it out of the river. But ****! I hate second-guessing volunteers especially after 5 hours, but it made me sick to see it flipped and then they dragged the motor on the ramp. I believe the motor could have been salvaged.

Well, it looks like it's just a cowl, I'm sure the rest of the motor can be brought back to life.

And that, dear friends, is the moment you don't want to find yourself wishing you'd put that foam back in when you rebuilt your boat...

That really sucks.

Thanks for the video. The weather made that one more challenging.
I have been running rivers for 50 years. That one was wrecked in a little riffle.
The weight and power of moving water on a boat can be unbelievable.
It takes a lot of rope and carabiners and imagination to rig up a Z drag for pinned boats.

I remember running the John Day River in Oregon in flood. My friend sunk his canoe in a rapid. We spent the next 2 1/2 days recovering stuff that had floated away in the wreck. Eddy shopping we called it.

Since the boat was stuck there for 3 weeks in the water, any floatation may have been waterlogged by then. The 115 Merc may have been overpowered, it's tough to tell the size of the boat for sure. But that poor hull took a beating.

Latest posts