• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hand poured hand tied bladed jigs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onthewater102

Reaction score
I make them from both football and arkie (boxing glove) jigs in the following sizes, $20 minimum and I cover shipping:

$4 ea
1/4 oz
3/8 oz
1/2 oz

$5 ea
3/4 oz (5/0 only)
1 oz (5/0 only)

Add:
$0.25 ea for gold blades instead of stainless (see supplier price difference
$0.50 ea for 6/0 Mustad 32796 hooks (3/4oz & 1oz only)
$2.00 ea for bucktail/flash with or without silicone

All hardware (ring, blade & clip) are stainless. All bucktail and silicone skirts are hand tied and cemented. I pour my own heads using either mustad 32798 (all football sizes, 4/0 or 5/0 3/4oz and 1oz streamlined heads and 3/8oz arky heads) or mustad 32796 (sizes 3/8 up) 60 degree flat eye jig hooks. Powder paint finish.

$2.50 ea I also have 1/2oz and 3/8oz blue/black arky jigs with blue/black skirts & black fiberguards (not bladed jigs/baits)

Some examples of items I have left over from a recent club event & some of the options I've been tying lately:

Blue/Black w/ clear scale belly on a blue jighead:

hwrduuQb.jpg

Pearl white/chartreuse with a clear scale belly on a pearl w/silver & black flake jighead:

ToMBoK4b.jpg

Craw - Pumpkin w/ red flake & banded brown w/ green flake back with orange accent belly on a watermelon w/red flake head

6lzVYf5b.jpg

Golden Shiner - Gold scale back, clear w/ green flake sides & body with orange belly accent on an mottled orange/green head with green flake

o0sp2N4b.jpg

Blue/Black 3/4oz bladed jig 5/0 32796 hook:

EvKIoUE.jpg

White bucktail/ chartreuse silicone on a 1/2oz arky head 5/0 32796 hook:

4Gvalmj.jpg

Green bucktail/ gold scale with the 1oz hybrid head on a 6/0 32796 hook:

Shh5uFb.jpg

wVFEpc2.jpg

Very nice! Do you make bucktail chatterbaits? I would be very interested in those, if you did.

I certainly can - I have plenty of bucktail in a variety of colors - what were you looking for in terms of sizes?

For patterns obviously a white/silver accent baitfish will be easy - same with a green/brown craw pattern.

White, white with red stripe, black or black with blue stripe, chartreuse, white and chartreuse, green pumpkin, maybe a pink one with silver accent? Silver and gold accent stripes would be great, as you see fit. Looking to use these with swimbait trailers in saltwater.
Do you have 1/2oz arkie heads with 5/0 hooks?
I'll likely get all 1/2oz and a couple 1oz baits.

I really like this one below. Great looking bait!
ToMBoK4b.jpg

I'll have to let you know about quantities because I'm going to ask my buddies if they want any.
Thanks

If I don't have any readily made I can certainly make up 1/2oz arkies with 5/0 hooks - they will be Mustad 32796 heavy wire hooks, those are the ones that work best in the 1/2oz mold.

So I'm reading this correct you're looking for 1 of each of 6 patterns? The only color you mentioned that I'm not 100% certain I have in bucktail is chartreuse - but I will double check. To be clear, you're looking for all natural materials save for some flashabu correct? No silicone mixed in but feathers are ok?

I only ask about the silicone use in the case of accent colors - the red on the white, blue on the black etc.

Let me get back to you on exact quantities, because I need to find out from my buddies what they want.

Well, I didn't realize bucktail AND silicone mixed was even an option. If you can make the below with silicone accents awesome, if not flashabu is just as good. I definitely don't want any feathers though.

These are the chatterbaits I'm personally looking to buy:

1x 1/2oz white Arkie, 5/0 hook, white bucktail, chartreuse accent
1x 1/2oz white Arkie, 5/0 hook, white bucktail, silver scale accent
2x 1/4oz white speckled Arkie, 4/0 hook, white bucktail, gold scale accent towards the top with some red at the bottom
1x 1/2oz black Arkie, 5/0 hook, black bucktail, blue accent (red is fine if you don't have blue)
1x 1oz black Arkie, 5/0 hook, black bucktail only
2x 1oz white Arkie, 5/0 hook, white bucktail only
1x 1oz green pumpkin Arkie, 5/0 hook, green pumpkin bucktail only

And only if you have these bucktail colors already:
1x 1/2oz Arkie 5/0 hook, chartreuse bucktail, silver accent
1x 1oz Arkie 5/0 hook, chartreuse bucktail only
1x 1oz Arkie 5/0 hook, pink bucktail only

If you have 6/0 hooks for the 1oz rigs, I would go with that over the 5/0.
I'd also like them all wrapped with red string if possible.

[strike]I cannot do arky style heads bigger than 1/2 oz, so the 1oz will have to be a football head.

PM sent on the details.[/strike]

I can make the 3/4 and 1oz in a head style somewhere between a banana jig and an arky now.
wVFEpc2.jpg

Shh5uFb.jpg

Chartreuse with a clear silicone w/ green & black flake accenting - silicone inlay in the bucktail shown - can also be done with a second application of silicone to achieve the chandelier effect.

xh3beRW.jpg

bMsQIfV.jpg

4Gvalmj.jpg

..."Many" custom chatterbaits later, ha-ha! I'm really excited to try these out!
Thanks again!!!

The biggest I have a 1oz football mold and a 1oz mold that is something between an arky and a banana head. Either can be done in a 6/0 Mustad 32796 hook. Here is a hybrid bucktail bait that used the non-football mold so you can see the head shape - it's quite streamlined but the lead is carried quite a ways down the shank of the hook. The lead ends where you see the red thread wrappings.

wVFEpc2.jpg
Shh5uFb.jpg

Bumping this thread as it's that time of year again.

I've added considerably to the mold collection for lead pouring, as well as obtained a decent supply of lead-free pewter for those of you living in states which have banned lead lures.

PM to discuss anything you're looking for. Also custom building bass rods too - 3 dozen + builds completed to date.

Latest posts