• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BassPro Shops LH Reels - Pro Qualifiers & Johnny Morris Gold

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onthewater102

Reaction score
House cleaning - BPS reels that have served me well for many years now and still perform just as well as they did when they were new but are going to be sidelined by recent purchases of lightweight reels. No reason someone shouldn't put these to good use, they've got a lifetime worth of life left if properly cared for.

[strike](2) available - Pro Qualifier PQX10HLA 6.4:1 Left-Hand Retrieve reels upgraded to ABEC-7 Orange Seal ceramic spool bearings spooled with 40lb red power-pro line. $50 ea. includes shipping. These were $100 new + $25 for the bearings.[/strike]

[strike](1) available - Bass Pro Johnny Morris Gold series JMG10SHLA 7.1:1 Left-Hand Retrieve Spooled with Yo-Zuri Hybrid (12 lb test if I'm not mistaken). 31"/turn retrieval rate. Includes case with cutouts, cover & extra knobs. $90 including shipping. Originally sold for $180.[/strike]

Both reels have both centrifugal and magnetic brakes, with easy access side plates to make changes to the centrifugal brake if needed.

I tear down, clean & re-lube each reel over the winter, so they have been very well cared for. A little rash on the top of the ProQ's is about the only cosmetic blemish. The gear ratio marking by the crank handle on the JMG has worn off, but the model marking on the side of the reel is as good as day 1 and clearly shows it to be the "super high speed" reel - ie the 7.1:1 vs the 6.4:1 "High Speed" models. 30" per turn of the handle.

PQX10HLA:

BOTH SOLD

JHM10SHLA:

SOLD

I'm right handed - I find I need better hand eye coordination to cast than to crank. Spend less time switching hands this way.

i am ambidextrous. i primarily use right hand retrieve bait casters and left hand spinners. however i do have several left hand retrieve bait casters. i shoot guns left or right handed, shoot pool left handed, snowboard goofy foot (right foot forward). shoot srchery left handed. i am all over the place. LOL!

Why couldn't you have post this last month! I wish I didn't just buy a Curado, I would have bought that Johnny Morris off you.

I also am right handed but like left retrieve baitcast reels.

I upgraded the bearings in the Pro-Q's to get them to cast like the Johnny Morris, which worked perfectly. The design is very otherwise very similar between the two that they really don't fish any different. That titanium coating on the JM is near-bulletproof though, I've had it for a year or more longer than the Pro Q's and it's the least worse for wear cosmetically

They're going up on fleece-bay tonight. I'll pull the listings if anyone on here chimes in with interest.

onthewater102 said:
(2) available - Pro Qualifier PQX10HLA 6.4:1 Left-Hand Retrieve reels upgraded to ABEC-7 Orange Seal ceramic spool bearings spooled with 40lb red power-pro line. $50 ea. includes shipping. These were $100 new + $25 for the bearings.

Interested in the two Pro Qualifiers. PM sent.

Latest posts