• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FREE: 1956 Lone Star Clipper project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have switched gears and want to build, so need my garage back. This is a restorable 1956 Clipper. Needs new wood, controls, some rivets re-bucked and a couple of small cracks repaired; otherwise, sand, paint and get wet. All I have is bills of sale -- no title, so keep that in mind. If you want it, comes with a Little Dude C-16 trailer of similar vintage, but it needs sandblasting, rewiring and new tires at the very least. I'd sure like to give this boat one more chance, but will scrap it if I must.
Can have the dolly I made for it as well, which allows it to be rolled in and out of the garage. Also, have a circa 1953 Evinrude Big Twin 25 that may or may not be salvageable. Also free to a good home.
Ask if questions.

Billinthedesert,

WISHING that you had a title, as I owned a similar 1955 Lone Star. - It would cost more than the little rig is worth restored to ever get a TX title. = Our current title law is STUPID when the boat is 40-80 years old.
(Been there, did that, didn't have a good time.)

Right now, I have 3 tin boats from circa 1940-58 (Including a 14' Starcraft that my Uncle Jimmy won in a dice game in 1943 - It was an "older boat" back then.) that I can't title for what they are worth, restored. = That's WHY I'm trying to get the TX Legislature to change the law, reference: registering untitled/abandoned boats over 40 years old.
(Fyi, I know where a "one of one built by the factory", which is as rare as boats get, is sitting & that nobody can title as the single owner died intestate in 1965.)

yours, tex

Billinthedesert,

YEP. = That's WHY I'm doing my best to get the current STUPID law repealed & to allow boats over 40 years old to be titled/lawfully registered.

Fwiw, I know where a BEAUTIFUL 1958 model 17-foot Chris-Craft inboard runabout is up in my part of NE Texas & that has been on Glass Club Lake (a private lake) since it was new. = It need NOT be licensed as long it remains on that lake but cannot be lawfully taken anywhere else, to include to the owner's home OR to a commercial shop to be refurbished.
(Anyone who believes that that situation makes commonsense "needs his head examined" for having a BRAIN inside the skull.)

yours, tex :x

Billinthedesert,

FYI, I spent more than 3 hours today on the phone with senior staffers of Texas Legislators & Senators, working to get a GOOD/REASONABLE "abandoned & antique boats" law passed THIS Spring.
(I'm suggesting a single/simple SWORN STATEMENT of how you acquired the boat/motor/trailer AND that you SWEAR UNDER the PENALTY of FELONY PERJURY that TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE that the item(s) are NOT STOLEN nor does an UNPAID LIEN exist on the item(s). - Further, that once that sworn affidavit & 2 color photos are filed with TPWD and the title/registration fee is paid in full that they TPWD will issue a title/registration documents without further delay.)

IF that plan works, I want that boat/trailer, as do TWO of the TX Legislative staff-members, that I told about the little tin rig.

yours,satx

Latest posts