New Guy New Project "My first one"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, seems how i been waiting 15 days for my bedliner to come, And it did come in the wrong color, I have decided to return it and get the steelflex, I am not going with the super slick tho, just cant see what i will gain from doing so in a all electric boat :) I am also painting the entire boat, and down the inside edge 4", I am thinking olive drab, what are your thoughts?

I think you will be happy with your misfortune.

just to warn you! Olive drab is not the typical olive you see on boats. It is more of a Forrest/hunter Green. You can always add your own color. I think the guy you will be dealing with will be Jerry. He can tell you how to get the exact color you want.

give me a sec and i will edit this post with a link of a guy that painted his olive drab.

It sux they dont have any swatches online, Is there any other colors, Id like it more the typical boat green, but the drab isnt all that bad :)

Bugpac said:
It sux they dont have any swatches online, Is there any other colors, Id like it more the typical boat green, but the drab isnt all that bad :)

I've used black and gray, I like gray better, btu thats a personal preference. I know there is also white and blue, I think a couple shades of blue, one of which is Hialeah blue.

4-5-2008024.jpg

I wish there was a pic of the whole boat that color somewere, Guess i might be the first to post one... :mrgreen:

Man, I been anxious as hell to get working on the interior, My boat has sat idle for 5 or 6 days now, Ups left a message that cod for the steel flex would arrive tomorrow, Hope to get it covered in the afternoon... :mrgreen:

Bugpac said:
Another question, what do i need for lighting to be legal after dark? My boat had the holes but no masts etc...

You need these on the front.

50-04901.jpg

And one of these on the rear.This can also be used for an anchor light.

ATT-7101A7_med.jpg

Little progress, After i got the steel flex i noticed it said grind to 50 or greater, so i went over the boat with a 36 grit air grinder and cleaned it back off, here is coat 1, took 2 quarts, plan on coat 2 in about 2 hrs or so, I will likely use about 3 qts so it bleeds the roller marks out, says the thicker the faster it dries and roller marks disappear... Anyhow for those who have used this stuff, How long should i wait to flip it back over and set it on the trailer?

Attachments

• 006 [640x480].JPG
    006 [640x480].JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 007 [640x480].JPG
    007 [640x480].JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,219
Nice, it looks darker in the second, or is it light like the first?

You'll lnow when to flip it, it will be cured and slick like glass. By morning I bet.

it is more like the first, I think the second is the lighting is all, It has already slicked over like glass about 1/2 hour ago... Stuff was super sticky for sure...

I like it! This may be the first step I take on my new project. Is it similar to JB weld after it hardens? Just trying to get an idea.

It is hard as heck, It says it can be machined, I think similar yes, but from what i have seen this stuff is 10x more adhesive than jb weld IMO...

ben2go said:
I'd give it a full 24 hours before rolling.

I am gonna roll it this afternoon, I let it set in the sun most of the day yesterday, seems it really cured it... so is like 40hrs i think by the time i roll it...

Latest posts