Duracraft finished

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurt Loup

Reaction score
Here are a few photos of the Duracraft 1542 project my brother and I started. We removed the middle seat and added aluminum decks, floor and sides. Last weekend was the first launch. The one thing I was concerned about was stability, but it wasn't a problem. When my 5 year old and I stood on the bow, I was able to stand with my feet on the gunwales with no worries of tipping. I doubt two adults could to do this though. A friend following in his boat with a gps clocked it at about 24 mph. Plenty fast enough for me. Currently, I am working on an aluminum and fiberglass tiller extension for the motor.

Kurt

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

Before photo

DSCN0307.jpg

:shock: WOW! That looks great! Nice work! =D> Is flooring painted or did you use a specific material to cover it with?

masterofillusion said:
That looks great. Nice and clean, not bulky. What type of panels did you use? You get 1st place for that one. =D>

All the panels are aluminum plate purchased from a salvage yard.

Wow, thats a very nice job. Looks great. Very clean looking. Do you have some photos of the process.

zr7cat said:
Wow, thats a very nice job. Looks great. Very clean looking. Do you have some photos of the process.

Thanks. I have more photos on my photobucket account https://s425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/kurtloup/

I was thinking about doing something simular to my boat so I was wondering if you had noticed any loose of strength after you removed the benches? It looks awesome I think you will enjoy the huge open area!

doublej said:
I was thinking about doing something simular to my boat so I was wondering if you had noticed any loose of strength after you removed the benches? It looks awesome I think you will enjoy the huge open area!

Only the middle seat was removed. The front and rear decks attach to the seats. I was worried about strength before the side panels were added. It seems rigid now as the side panels are attached to the floor and sides under the gunwales. I didn't notice any flex when I took the boat out, but I wasn't in chop.

IMG_2348-1.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

1436delta said:
GREAT LOOKING BOAT =D> =D> WHAT DID YOU USE ON THE FLOOR ?

Thanks. Aluminum plate was used for the floor and it was covered with hydro turf. Pink building foam was added between the ribs for floatation. It also stiffened the floor between the ribs.

IMG_2525.jpg

Man that is awsome. I have been debating on what to do about my floors for a while. I love how everyone on here makes working with wood look so easy then turn a tin boat into a mean carpeted show room quality rig. I just don't want to deal with wood, nor carpet that would get nasty or have hooks stuck in it. I was planing on diamond plate aluminum, but thought it would reflect too much and get hot sitting out all day. The hydro turf you used where did you get it and how did you attach it? Does it just glue on?

Latest posts