Landau 1256 Casting Deck Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the boat after cutting the top off the front bench and setting the 2 1/4" aluminum bracing.c

Attachments

• PICT9105.JPG
    PICT9105.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 9,644
I have street signs I bought from the reycling facility near my house for the decking. Between the support beams I am putting in three hatches for storage and the livewell. Everything will be riveted except where the beams attach to the actual boat. I am bolting them down so I can remove the whole platform. This way I can fix any problems without the hassle of removing rivets.

So I attached the hinges,covers, added the side bracing and put the cooler in that will be my live well. I have the deck completed but I'm waiting for the rain to stop before taking more photos.
PICT9434.JPG

Attachments

• PICT9429.JPG
    PICT9429.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 8,898
  • PICT9430.JPG
    PICT9430.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 8,898
Cheeseball said:
Really like your design! Very efficient use of the space and it looks sturdy. =D>

How thick is that decking material?

It's made from a traffic sign and is pretty thick. I'm guessing an 1/8" thick. The signs cost me $20 at the recycle facility and the bracing was $40 at a fabricator. all together it cost me a little over $80 to do this.

Sorry for the delay...It's most of the way finished now. I need to straighten a few things out but it has been working well. The sides are riveted down so I have the three compartments in the middle.

The furthest back compartment holds my live well and the middle compartment holds the battery. I designed my live well after the "Live Well Project" on this site(thanks Russ010). I also left the ends open for sliding my rod tips into. I still need to install a switch for the live well and I need to add lights. The whole thing is bolted down and I plan on taking it off soon to paint it. I am also trying to rebuild my transom mounted trolling motor so I'll post more when I finish.
PICT0318.JPG
PICT0320.JPG
PICT0325.JPG
PICT0324_edited.JPG

Ive been lurking for a while, looking at all the posts and mod designs. I really like yours, but had a question. Did you cover the deck in any type of carpet or nonskid material? It seems like the aluminum would get slippery when wet. Have you had any issues with that?

Latest posts