14' Meyers jon boat mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
So I missed on my opportunity on the bass tracker :evil: . Guess I'll try to do somthing with this old 14' meyers jon. I got this for free so I can't complain to much.
Its 38" across the bottom and 50" across the beam. 13' 10" long. This will be a slow build. Any suggestions???

0321101952b_301324.jpg

0321101952a_270778.jpg

Forgot...... Picked up a 9.8 mercury for $50.00 last summer for a boat I no longer have. Just got new seat posts today, and picked up a evinrude 32lb thrust bow mount troller for only $75.00 last week.

you got some good deals. looks like a nice boat to build. is that boat a v?

Boat is a flatbottom...sorry the pics are from my phone......still bumed about the tracker getting away from me....

Hey, you could turn this into quite a nice rig with a little effort and a budget! Don't fret about the Tracker...that's part of shopping when it comes to boats.

Since you do have a rig, you can build it to suit your needs. I see you're putting a bow mount on, what else are you interested in? Casting deck, floor, storage, livewell?

MeanMouth said:
Hey, you could turn this into quite a nice rig with a little effort and a budget! Don't fret about the Tracker...that's part of shopping when it comes to boats.

Since you do have a rig, you can build it to suit your needs. I see you're putting a bow mount on, what else are you interested in? Casting deck, floor, storage, livewell?

I'm thinking cutting the seats out flooring over all the ribs, when I say take out all the seats I mean the way I seen it done on here....cut out all but the outer 4 inches on each side so you can walk through, yet maintain its structural. I need to keep the floor nice and low cuz its only 38" on the bottom. Mounting two seats on pedestal's. A livewell, and some side storage. I also need to beef up the transom for the 9.8 hp. I currently own a nice livewell but I'm afraid its too big :shock:

Cutting the seats sounds like a good idea, and a floor will definitely help you and friends when moving around. With a couple pedestals and the 9.8hp, you'd be set!

For the structure, you just need to decide if you want to use wood, or aluminum. Wood is cheaper, but heavier and will eventually need replacing. Aluminum is lighter, and durable, but you'll pay a higher price.

After that, start cutting. Measure, mark and check twice before you cut. I think when you start, you'll see that your boat has a lot of potential.

i agree. it has tons of potential. check out bufords 12ftr https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9912&hilit=12+foot. this will give you lots of ideas.

Picked up a Trailer and Battery. Trailer $25.00, Battery $60.00 :shock:

The trailer is going to need some rehab.
100_3414.JPG
100_3413.JPG

Sorry about the multiple posts, but my connection is crap out here in the boonies. In order to upload without being timed out I have to do it two ot three at a time.

Here is the motor for it ( Mercury 110 9.8 hp )
100_3425.JPG
100_3424.JPG

Here are some supplies.

Seats------$30.00 off CL
Troller------$75.00 off CL
Battery-----$60.00 Kmart
Switches----Free from work
Terminal blocks----Free from work
Anchor mates----$8.99 each from Kmart
Seat Posts--------too much!!!

100_3422.JPG
100_3423.JPG

MeanMouth said:
Nice, just hope your "work" doesn't follow your thread here at TinBoats :lol:

:LOL2: Nahhh.... they know anyhow they were throwing that stuff away, from some communications cabinets that we were scraping out.

I'm open to suggestions on the layout. So far I have got a feel for where I want the seats. Any help would be appreciated.

2010-03-23_2211.jpg

Looks like a good start.
If anyone wants them switches/blocks i say come on up and get them. :)

Well, I just sent my check out to FASCO, $66.15....from what you guys say around here this should be my #1 investment so far. I must say Jerry at FASCO knows his product very well. For having an old fashioned payment acceptance, they are good, 3 day turn around!!! =D>

dyeguy1212 said:
Nice find on those seats.. they look awesome.. especially for 30 bucks

Yeah, I've been buying things all winter in prep of a boat.
The best part about the seats, is that they are the largest and widest I've ever seen!!! I'll measure them up tonight.

Latest posts