Meanmouth's Project--Finished--Page 10

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work MeanMouth. Make sure you give your Pops the feedback too :)

MeanMouth said:
caveman said:
looks really good.
Thanks Caveman, oh, and by the way, is your blue insulation made by Foamular (if you can remember)?

Went back and looked at some old pic and it is made by Dow the best i can tell.I do remember it was not cheep.

Keep us posted on how you like the herculiner as i am not sure as what way to go with mine.

MeanMouth said:
After a couple hundred of dollars, my Dad has sprung for some "scrap" aluminum sheets. They just so happen to fit our project pefectly, so paying half price was a bonus. Good move Dad!

In one week, I expected the boat to be a little farther than the last update, but my Dad has once again impressed me. The floor pieces of aluminum are cut, and will be installed to ensure fit. Grey bedliner will be applied to the top of the aluminum sheets for grip and ease of cleaning, along with the inside of the boat for a complete match. Here's the floor as of right now.

1-1.png

I may have missed it, but how thick is the aluminum on the floor? Also, is it supported by just the ribs, or did you add extra bracing?

Thanks,

270Handiman said:
MeanMouth said:
After a couple hundred of dollars, my Dad has sprung for some "scrap" aluminum sheets. They just so happen to fit our project pefectly, so paying half price was a bonus. Good move Dad!

In one week, I expected the boat to be a little farther than the last update, but my Dad has once again impressed me. The floor pieces of aluminum are cut, and will be installed to ensure fit. Grey bedliner will be applied to the top of the aluminum sheets for grip and ease of cleaning, along with the inside of the boat for a complete match. Here's the floor as of right now.

1-1.png

I may have missed it, but how thick is the aluminum on the floor? Also, is it supported by just the ribs, or did you add extra bracing?

Thanks,
Sorry I didn't see your post Handiman; the aluminum flooring is 1/8", while the aluminum diamond plate for the front deck is 1/4".

They are screwed down with stainless steel screws to the ribs, which also have Formular 150 insulation underneath for a little added support. It's solid.

That is looking awesome!!! I might have to do my flat bottom that way. That is after I finish my V hull. Keep them pics coming.

Alright, a little break in rain allowed us to get a few pieces painted and put together. The first pic is the front deck, screwed down and ready for herculiner, along with the floor. (Hinges, TM mount, and pedestal base taped for herculiner)

1-4.jpg

This second picture is of the new transom. Aluminum channel throughout, with aluminum sheeting for the faces. It's riveted together and then bolted through the hull. Solid as can be.

2-2.jpg

Just waiting for a sunny day to apply the Herculiner. Then we'll get the trailer looking good, and will finally add the fishfinder. The last weekend of April is when our fishing season starts, so we're ready!

Finally finished the jon, and tested it for the first time today. Everything went well, and we even caught a couple of rainbows, and a couple of bass.

Pintle hitch Welded and Installed
P1020298.jpg

Front Deck, with Minn Kota Edge 40 trolling motor
P1020293.jpg

Before the conversion:
jb.jpg

Finished Bass Boat
P1020288.jpg

Looks good.

You should snap a few pics with the TM down. With it up, it looks like there isn't much deck space so I'm curious to see how it compares.

rcgreat said:
Looks fantastic Meanmouth!! Hows it handle with the seats being up a little higher?
Actually, we were really impressed with the seats themselves (wise seats from Bass Pro) and the fact that they weren't much higher than the orginal bench seats. Thanks for the comment RC

dyeguy1212 said:
Looks good.

You should snap a few pics with the TM down. With it up, it looks like there isn't much deck space so I'm curious to see how it compares.
There isn't a lot of extra room, it's a jon boat! There's enough space to get on, get off, sit and stand and a step or two each way to move around or get to the hatches.

Latest posts