Cali27's 1436 Tracker Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali27

Reaction score
First off thanks to everyone for all the amazing knowledge!

Sorry but these were all taken with my cell phone. I will get the wifes camera and update with better quality pics when its finished later this week.

Its all 3/4 inch plywood, sealed with Thompsons. I tried using a bunch of types of self tapping SS screws, I found that they did not hold very well. I used toggle bolts for all areas going into the aluminum, they worked very well. Also the boat got 2 nice coats of Steelflex, to be honest i wish I had more because i would have liked a third coat. The carpet is the marine grade from Home Depot, used staples and outdoor carpet glue to secure.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 12,236
Nice I have the same boat how exactly did you attach the wood to the bench seats? did you use anything under the metal or just the toggle bolts?

BassinFool said:
Nice I have the same boat how exactly did you attach the wood to the bench seats? did you use anything under the metal or just the toggle bolts?
I just used a 5/8 drill bit to drill the holes in the bench seats. Honestly it is super secure.

got some more done tonight after work. Im off tomorrow so I should get everything finished but the wiring. I will post pictures of what the finished product will look like tomorrow.

new pics.

All finished other than the electrical part that my electrician friend is going to do for me.

Very happy with how everything turned out.
showerboat107.jpg

Attachments

• johnson1.jpg
    johnson1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 12,114
So i wired the trailer myselft today because my electrician buddy is too busy and it all actually worked. Here are more pics out of the garage
001.jpg

Also i put my motor on the boat today, i fired it up and it smoked a whole hell of a lot. is that normal. i let it run in my makeshift water basin for like 15 minutes. I bought the motor from a marina. The guy that owns the place ssays he would fix it if ever anything happened to it. Also he said it had not been used in years, could this be why it is smoking? Here are some pics of the motor mounted on my boat
003.jpg

005.jpg

Do i have to bolt the motor using the hole provided or are the vice style tighteners enough
004.jpg

Cali, Boat looks fantastic, I like what you did with the front the storage is a bonus. As for the motor, did it smoke the whole time you had it running? It should have burned off any residual oil that might have been left in the chamber. Also what ratio of oil are you running? I do believe it should 50:1. which would 16 ounces oil to 6 gallons fuel. The motor does not have to be bolted on but if you dont plane on taking it off it would make it that much more solid.

How much do you have in the mods to your boat? I might have to copy what you have done.

Gary

rcgreat said:
Cali, Boat looks fantastic, I like what you did with the front the storage is a bonus. As for the motor, did it smoke the whole time you had it running? It should have burned off any residual oil that might have been left in the chamber. Also what ratio of oil are you running? I do believe it should 50:1. which would 16 ounces oil to 6 gallons fuel. The motor does not have to be bolted on but if you dont plane on taking it off it would make it that much more solid.

How much do you have in the mods to your boat? I might have to copy what you have done.

Gary[/quote

The motor smoked bad when I gave it gas. I did do the 50:1 mixture. If i bolt the motor to thr boat is that above the water line or do I need to use marine sealent.

Approx total money spent
New 1436 Tracker Jon Boat - 850
MInn Kota 45 pound bow mount - 400
3/4 inch outdoor plywood ( 2 sheets 4x8 ) - 55
Marine grade carpet from Home Depot - 50
Seat posts - already had
camo seats - already had
Marine dep cell batteries x2 - 200
Hardware - 30
Decals - 20
1998 johnson 2 stroke outboard - 600
Thompsons water seal - 25
Steelflex - 95 (35 was import to canada charges)
New Eagle fishfinder - 80
Breaker for TM - 20
Rod holders - 20
Total for boat - 2445

Trailer - free
Front wheel - 45
Wiring light set - 30
All new stainless steel hardware - 100
Paint and primer - 75
Tounge - 15
Total for Trailer - 265

Grand Total Approx - 2710

Wow!!! I did no relize how much everythin cost me. I have been collecting what was needed for months so it was not such a big hit out of pocket at once.

Don't bolt the motor and take the boat to a lake and run it and see if the smoke issue clears up. A motor sitting in one spot spiting out smoke seems a lot worse than a motor pushing a boat. Once you get moving it might not seem to smoke as much.

Looks great!

Maybe later on mod the middle seat and add just behind it a livewell and some storage?

Nice build. I wouldnt bolt it on but def keep an eye on it. Mine isnt bolted on my mini jacker and its been fine.

I am not sure if it was mentioned, but maybe try and find some fenders as it cleans it up and protects the wheels and whatnot.

I might run some sea foam through the engine, or you might have to clean teh carb.

UtahBassKicker said:
Don't bolt the motor and take the boat to a lake and run it and see if the smoke issue clears up. A motor sitting in one spot spiting out smoke seems a lot worse than a motor pushing a boat. Once you get moving it might not seem to smoke as much.

That makes sense, I will try that out and see what happens

ober51 said:
Nice build. I wouldnt bolt it on but def keep an eye on it. Mine isnt bolted on my mini jacker and its been fine.

I am not sure if it was mentioned, but maybe try and find some fenders as it cleans it up and protects the wheels and whatnot.

I might run some sea foam through the engine, or you might have to clean teh carb.

Ya i need fenders, the ones that came with trailer where to bent from getting used as a step.

What os the sea foam?

Sader762 said:
Looks great!

Maybe later on mod the middle seat and add just behind it a livewell and some storage?

Once i can afford it I am looking at the Toho rig Livewell, https://www.baitwells.com/shopping/browse.aspx?cat=28&SiteID=1

cheaper here than BPS

Latest posts