Meanmouth's Project--Finished--Page 10

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Job MeanMouth!

Never seen a pintle hitch.

KMixson said:
Great work MeanMouth. Does it feel like you have a new boat now?
It does; it kind of brought back the excitement of owning a boat. I know that we're fortunate enough to own one, but a project like this really makes it unique, and can make a person proud.

Great Job!! Can you show a pic of how you installed the rod holder? Thanks

why did ya use a pintal hitch for but gives my idea in IL if you have a tunge trailor like hay wagons and farm equiment dont need licesend so if i put on boat trailor do i have to license it ?

bailey86 said:
why did ya use a pintal hitch for but gives my idea in IL if you have a tunge trailor like hay wagons and farm equiment dont need licesend so if i put on boat trailor do i have to license it ?
We decided to use a pintle hitch because all of our trailers and trucks have them, so it made sense to convert the boat trailer over as well. A pintle hitch is universal, so needing different sized balls is obsolete.

A hitch won't dictate whether or not you need a license/registration, as I'm sure your trailer still needs to be licensed. It's simply a different hookup.

Okay, so I'm a little late finding this conversion. But well done! Love your step by step riveting photos. Looks like you had a lot of fun with your conversion. Hopefully it serves you well for years to come. Great job!

I just read through the whole thread and this boat is very impressive.

Have you had any trouble with the styrofoam squeeking under the floor? Did you use any adhesive to attach the styrofoam to the hull or are you just using the aluminum decking pressure to hold it in place?

MeanMouth said:
Finally finished the jon, and tested it for the first time today. Everything went well, and we even caught a couple of rainbows, and a couple of bass.

Pintle hitch Welded and Installed
P1020298.jpg

Front Deck, with Minn Kota Edge 40 trolling motor
P1020293.jpg

Before the conversion:
jb.jpg

Finished Bass Boat
P1020288.jpg

BUSCH LIGHT?!?!?!?! Come on Meanmouth, you put all the $$ in to this awesome boat and you got Busch Light for the christening?

Great job on this build. It look amazing.

Latest posts