Home Brewing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I polished off the ale and made a brew for the 4th, didn't like it to much. This week I put my Oktoberfest on tap. Shes been fermenting/lagering for 4 months now. I cant wait.

I hate kicking up threads that have been dead for a while, but I don't want to start a new one. I think I am going to make a run in the next day or two to pick up the stuff i need to make some cider. My only fear is that it will become another addiction. I figure cider is about the cheapest way to start since you don't need much, but I am having an issue of where to let it ferment without smelling up the house.

Hi everyone. I brew at home with a two gallon kit from https://www.mrbeer.com. The two gallon kit makes 16 16 oz. bottles. I'd recommend this kit because the instructions are pretty straight forward and easy to understand. I just brewed my first batch earlier this month and it came out pretty good. :beer:

I love home brewing! There is nothing better then crafting something yourself and get to enjoy it with friends and family. Here is a belgian trip and IPA
DSC01667-1.jpg

Hanr3 said:
natetrack said:
Does anybody have a list of things you need to brew beer, or a kit that you can recommend? Looking at getting going on something soon, but have no idea where to start.

Thanks

I bought my kit from https://www.windriverbrew.com/

this is the kit I bought. I can brew lagers with this kit and my very first kit was the old world pilsner. **** good beer.
https://www.windriverbrew.com/brewmasters.html

Couple pics of the bar area. Note the barrel hanging on the wall with two tappers. Fridge is behind the wall. Nothing like 5 gallons of beer on tap in your basement. :beer:
I still have some work to do, however you get the idea. I also added a pic of my first brew. **** good stuff. :mrgreen:

Hey bro! thanks for the link. I saw this about a year ago and saved the website. It is one of the best that i found. Just ordered my kit. thanks again

Hey folks, I'm a former homebrewer turned pro. I'm the head brewer for Defiant Brewing Co. in Pearl River NY. I used to get my homebrew supplies from either Midwest supply or Morebeer.com. I've been working on a 15bbl system for the last 8 years and have since sold off my homebrew system to accommodate more room in my garage for my Harley.

i have only made wine. So i work at a university, they offer all kinds of trainings and classes for faculty as well as their spouses. My boss always requests that we all take a few JMU sponsored trainings, well she didnt think about the wording. i got to go to beer brewing class yesterday............... (i have also taken several 3D print classes too)..........

I used to make beer and wine, but have since cut back to just wine. I mainly do the fast wines, "skeeterpee," "dragon's blood" etc.

Haven't run a batch in awhile, about to close on a house with a big garage and am really looking forward to getting back into it.

Best bet as far as buying equipment goes is watch craigslist and other online marketplaces for a divorce sale.

never delved into beer, but I've made a distillers using old bear kegs. Been a minute since I have fermented some mash to make into a liquor. I've got a pony keg I've been meaning to modify into a still so I can make smaller batches and experiment with mashes more. The full size keg takes 4 five gallon buckets of mash to fill and takes a while to cook off. So I tend not to like experimenting cause if the outcome isn't great I'm stuck with around 2 gallons of liquor that isn't the best, nearly a day wasted cooking off the mash, and not to mention the time making the mash and letting it ferment. The pony keg will be nice cause I could do just a five gallon bucket of mash, cook it quicker, and see how something new turns out.

Latest posts