16' monark makeover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today i pushed it into the water to see what i had for leaks if any.boat in water 001.JPGboat in water 013.JPGwalking around the boat front and rearboat in water 009.JPG[attachment=[ATTACH type="full" alt="boat in water 015.JPG"]29938._xfImport[/ATTACH]1]boat in water 002.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments

• boat in water 002.JPG
    boat in water 002.JPG
    868.5 KB · Views: 1,166
Looks Good! I had a 15' Monark as my very first boat! Then I moved to a few fiberglass boats, and finally just bought another tin boat about a month ago! Lots of good memories from my Monark!

thanks to
King Trailer Sales & Services
610 East Waters Avenue,
Tampa, FL 33604-3128
(813) 932-6091 conveniently off i275 north of the 1275/i4 junction
boat 1234 002.JPGboat 1234 003.JPGboat 1234 001.JPGboat 1234 006.JPG

sunday we got back from playin at the beach and i got a few things done.boat sunday 009.JPGboat sunday 010.JPGboat sunday 012.JPG
i am going to cover the wheel well covers in smoked blue carpet.. the bunks have been covered in black. i hope the blue blends in well. any one have any idea of a secondary safety strap can be a chain or nylon strap w/clamp.

JBooth said:
Wow! It has come a long way from when you first got it. Great job. =D>
thank you!
the boat is going back on the trailer on sunday and i will install the foam between the ribs. and cut the non p/t plywood.
i will post pictures soon.

Super job Brian =D> I like the skirt idea for cutting down road grime!
Let me know when you want to replace the carpeted ones with Diamond
Plate....I've got a few pieces laying around here. :)

Jonboat Jerry said:
Super job Brian =D> I like the skirt idea for cutting down road grime!
Let me know when you want to replace the carpeted ones with Diamond
Plate....I've got a few pieces laying around here. :)
hey jerry, i thought i should put carpet since i had already bought it.
but since the boat is somewhat smaller than the trailer , it never comes close to the
boat. i have since painted the boat which i like , but i have had a buddy
offering to paint it for resonable price . it will be painted with automotive paint .
dark blue with a blue flake /metalic. i am dropping it off sunday 11/13.

well, the paint i rolled on with a small diameter roller came out flat. i really didn't like it. so i went with a automotive paint with lots of clear. here is the end results.boat paint kev 0039.jpgboat paint kev 0029.jpgboat paint kev 0019.jpgboat paint kev 0049.jpgboat paint kev 0059.jpgthe charge for the paint was $135.00 was not in my budget...

Latest posts