Favorite mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingmich

Reaction score
I would like to know what everybodys favorite individual mod is. Not entire boat mod, but one particular mod in someones thread, that really stands out. There are so many on here, but one that stands out to me is from UtahBassKicker. Anyone that owns a tin knows that the biggest problem we all face is storage and Utah's little tip about using 24 series battery boxes to fit 4 3600 series plano boxes has stuck with me since I read it. I put one in my 14 ft Starcraft and it is awesome. I'm not overly computer savy so I can't put a link in for it. But if you can, please put one in so everyone can check it out. [-o<

Also not looking to piss anybody off, this is just the one mod that sticks in my head. The people on this forum are some of the smartest people I've ever been associated with.

My favorite mod is kind of a two'fer. My PVC tiller extender has made the single biggest change in the way I'm able to handle the boat. To go with it I also built a PVC grab bar so I don't fall overboard while zooming around. Between the two of them, I can stand/sit/see/steer three times better than before. Best of all, it only took about 5 min and $5 to make. Of course, they make high dollar carbon fiber models as well. Overall, tillers are making a bit o f a comeback down here in FL where they are often preferred over console boats, especaially for small flats skiffs.

My favorite mod was ripping out the nastyass carpeting in my boat and replacing it with marine vinyl:
DSC02195.jpg

DSC02252.jpg

Carpeting has no place in a fishing boat!

Red clay mud and dried fish blood doesn't even stain the marine vinyl, I was pretty surprised and happy when I discovered that.

Hey jig! How was the vinyl to work with and where did you get it? My buddy put vinyl in his jon boat and he loves it. I don't have a lot of patience and was worried about using the vinyl in case it's tough to work with?

fishingmich said:
Hey jig! How was the vinyl to work with and where did you get it? My buddy put vinyl in his jon boat and he loves it. I don't have a lot of patience and was worried about using the vinyl in case it's tough to work with?

... and you'll love it too if you put it in your boat.

It's not bad at all to work with, I think it's actually easier than carpet. It cuts easier and goes on easier.

I bought it online at Defender Marine Supplies, cheapest price I found on the "net" and great service too.

https://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1%7C10918%7C311409&id=311410

It's the same stuff Cabelas sells for $5 more a linear yard.

my fav is most definately the switch plate and 12 volt power plug.no more clamping stuff to the batteries.i also ran lots of spare wires so i can add stuff without fishing more wires thru the conduit.now i just need to start the built in cooler. :lol:

jigngrub said:
Carpeting has no place in a fishing boat!
I couldn't agree more. My boat gets filthy and carpet would be a nightmare. I use outside door mats instead.

I like the Custom Center Console that rook made from a tool box

One of the coolest things ever!

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16347

basstracker097.jpg

Latest posts