Alumacraft 1648 Project - Getting Ready, Again

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He just needs more practice, hopefully you guys have many more fishing days together ahead of you now that they're closer :!:

Gillhunter,

Love your build, great job. And all of your pics! I read you thread over and over and im buying the same exact boat. Thanks for all the cool ideas and info as Im sure I will be copying what you did for the most part. Only diff is mind is coming with a 15 hp Honda. How do you like the Honda? How stable is the boat? I moved up from a 1431 to a 1542 and now going to the 1648. I will be done with this one for sure. Keeping the 1431 for electric only lakes.

Trueblue,

Thanks. The 1648 is very stable. The Honda has worked out well. Starts every time and is real easy on gas. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Glad to see you put Eli on some fish =D>

He will remember it for life.

Thanks Gill. If you dont mind I may pick your brain a bit on this one. Being that it is a new setup I dont want to make as many mistakes (less holes the better) and have more patience. Again thanks...great job

trueblue1970 said:
Thanks Gill. If you dont mind I may pick your brain a bit on this one. Being that it is a new setup I dont want to make as many mistakes (less holes the better) and have more patience. Again thanks...great job

Trueblue,

Thanks. I'm more than happy to share both successes and mistakes. :LOL2:

I really like your 1648, simple, clean and very practical...nice! By the way, I like how organized your garage is too! =D>

The wife and I celebrated our 41st Anniversery this weekend and spent a little time on the water Sunday. Caught a nice little mess of bluegills and had a great afternoon.

Attachments

• 120912.jpg
    120912.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,420
Congratulation, Gilhunter. When me and my wife had our 20th anniversary I took here to Bangkok, China. And then on our 40th I went to pick her up. LOL

Merry Christmas everyone! The wife and I got each other Tempress seats for Christmas. I can't wait to try them out!!

Attachments

• Boat Seats 2012 001.jpg
    Boat Seats 2012 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Boat Seats 2012 002.jpg
    Boat Seats 2012 002.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,319
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,319
theyyounggun said:
Those look comfy! Dd you use those pin pesestals?

No, I use a swivel and a removeable mount. It's the same setup that I had on my last seats and it worked out pretty well.

Attachments

• Boat Seat 001.jpg
    Boat Seat 001.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,290
  • Boat Seat 002.jpg
    Boat Seat 002.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,290
That's how I am wanting to do mine. I was wondering if people have used them and are pleased with them. Sounds lik you are. Are those the 7" swivels? I could only find the setup for 7" swivels but then I could only find 6" swivels.

theyyounggun said:
That's how I am wanting to do mine. I was wondering if people have used them and are pleased with them. Sounds lik you are. Are those the 7" swivels? I could only find the setup for 7" swivels but then I could only find 6" swivels.

The swivels I have are 6". The bases I have will work with either one.

gillhunter said:
Merry Christmas everyone! The wife and I got each other Tempress seats for Christmas. I can't wait to try them out!!
Very nice! And they do look quite comfortable! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Nice, I've always thought the tempress brand looked comfortable and well made. If I could store my boat inside I might consider spending the extra $ to go with tempress.

Latest posts