My project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got most of the framing complete and sealed starting to cut the plywood for the flooring and decks. I'll post some pics later.

Ok here are the framing pics so far.
normal_boat_framing_001.jpg

normal_boat_framing_002.jpg

normal_boat_framing_003.jpg

normal_boat_framing_004.jpg

normal_boat_framing_005.jpg

normal_boat_framing_007.jpg

normal_boat_framing_008.jpg

normal_boat_framing_010.jpg

normal_boat_framing_009.jpg

It will have four storage compartments and fishing seat up on front deck. A rod locker that will hold a 7' rod easily. A seat pedistal down low on the floor for use while powering :lol: across the lake. And a deck across the back bench with access to gas tank and battery. Up against the front deck there will be a box for battery and some storage and across from the rod locker there will be a livewell of some kind ( still figuring this out). Question is when will I get to go fishin!!!

Thanks for checking it out

Dave

The progress on this one really makes me want to redo mine just because I have some new ideas. I think for now I'll just fish out of it and prepare for the next one. A 1966 G3 w/90 hrs Yammi. I've got all kinds of ideas for that one. Just need to save for a few more years before I can have her!

Great job on the boat so far!

Are you guys saving your pennies to reprop after adding all of this decking and framing? :shock:

You may find that you need to drop an inch or two in pitch to get back some performance.

What performance? It's only got an 8 horse on it now. The sticker says I can go up to a 25 horse so once all the mods are done I will decide if I need to go with more horsepower or just live with what I have.

Dave

I guess that I was just typing out loud.

I see a lot of pics of a lot of weight being added to boats on here with little mention of what issues may arrive after the fact.

With an 8 horse you probably weren't setting any water speed records to begin with, which may make it even worse in your particular case. Just throwing it out there.

Shoot I'm hoping it at the least helps the boat get on plain. Right now I go down the lake with the nose in the air.

Dave

Nice job man, hope I get some free time and you can check out my boat on the water sorry for the delays. My life is busy right now, baby is coming soon!

Nice Honda motor :eek:

Well I got some more of the decking cut out and placed still need to take it out and do some sealing.
normal_boat_framing_024.jpg

normal_boat_framing_025.jpg

normal_boat_framing_026.jpg

normal_boat_framing_027.jpg

I also came up for a use for the seat I cut out. Tell me what you think it's just mocked up right now still got to tweak a few things on it. Also do you see any problem with the way I have the trolling motor sitting?

normal_boat_framing_018.jpg

normal_boat_framing_019.jpg

normal_boat_framing_020.jpg

normal_boat_framing_021.jpg

normal_boat_framing_022.jpg

normal_boat_framing_023.jpg

normal_boat_framing_028.jpg

Let me know what you think

Thanks,
Dave

Great framing and layout! My tm mount sticks over the bow about 1"-2" also. Make sure you have enough room under the deck to insert the mounting bolts and get the nuts on, especially at the front where the bow starts it's slope. Everything looks good to me! 8)

seaarc said:
Hey Tompat I live out in Valley Station area.

i think i heard of that place. i go up to Louisville a ton. my grandpa has 2 houses up there. one of dixie highway and the other in hardin county near rough river. the one in hardin county is just like a lil trailer that we spend time there and go fishin.

Latest posts