My Walleye Project - 70's Sea Nymph SS160 1668

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, just waiting for my welder still...to have a good night to seal er up [-o<

I may just start working on my trailer in the meantime. Thinking of renting a sand blaster for hte rusty frame...or may just rough it up and paint it.

While waiting for new tires at Wallyworld today, I spent too much money on fishing/boating equipment. Picked up some transom tie downs, some bearing caps, and other stuff for the garage/fishing this weekend.

im working on 2 years.... :cry: everything has to be just right. besides ive got my lil 9' plastic bass tracker that works just fine for now. lookin good jvanhees, im worried your gonna pass me ha ha

jvanhees said:
While waiting for new tires at Wallyworld today, I spent too much money on fishing/boating equipment. Picked up some transom tie downs, some bearing caps, and other stuff for the garage/fishing this weekend.

Guilty also.... I graze too much when I am there and waiting on my girlfriend. Pretty common to end up with a cart full from sporting goods :roll:

:idea: Just food for thought on your trailer, I am sucker for 4" grinder with a 60 or 120 grit flap disc. Pretty much I figure if a man has a hammer and a grinder with flap discs we can do it all!

DOBSONFLY said:
jvanhees said:

Guilty also.... I graze too much when I am there and waiting on my girlfriend. Pretty common to end up with a cart full from sporting goods :roll:

:idea: Just food for thought on your trailer, I am sucker for 4" grinder with a 60 or 120 grit flap disc. Pretty much I figure if a man has a hammer and a grinder with flap discs we can do it all!

Did not think of that...thanks for the advise !

I did get the trailer powerwashed this weekend, and will try to work on it this week, but I am getting married on Saturday, then off to Ft. Lauderdale for the honeymoon for a week! So boat progress will remain slim to none. :roll:

Thanks Wave! I have a feeling im gonna get fried, but Ill def bring the sunscreen. We are driving my grandparents camper home from Sarasota, so it should be an interesting road trip home....long! :roll:

Sounds good, we are cruisin through that way I think on our way North..though it may only be cruising through...Ill hit you up if we have some time!

Be safe and be sure to hit the strip on A1A in Fort Lauderdale. Once you're there, you'll want to find Sunrise Blvd and head East. As you get closer, you'll see signs "A1A & Beaches"... lived there for a LONG time.

Badbagger said:
Be safe and be sure to hit the strip on A1A in Fort Lauderdale. Once you're there, you'll want to find Sunrise Blvd and head East. As you get closer, you'll see signs "A1A & Beaches"... lived there for a LONG time.

Thanks BB! I know the condo is on A1A and Oakland on the beach so we wont be far 8) Is there any spots to visit or things to do that you would recommend? (non tourist opinion)

Back in action, and trying to make some progress. Wedding and honeymoon went well!! Back to reality. Made a little progress on the trailer so far...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483460.908967.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483555.306794.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483570.374172.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483586.657366.jpg

Got the new wifey to help paint!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483623.325133.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483638.623628.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483654.324342.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483664.707892.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483674.574181.jpg

Still need to rewire, new bunks, new winch, hardware, tires and bearing buddies
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483787.557277.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483796.718130.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483807.523854.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370483816.490607.jpg

Also, thinking about patching my cracks as the welder is MIA :/

Great looking project !
Any resent updates ?
I like the fact your wife was helping you mine is doing the same thing .
Nice fish in your avatar .

First I used Marine Tex Epoxy for my cracks/leaker spot....which ends up being some HARD stuff! Then covered it allllll in SF Black!!! That was fun. Especially when it started hardening during the last 20% of the job...Ill be faster next time.

Boat back on trailer!

Then got it inside the garage and ripped the old transom out. Not in too bad of shape and will work nicely for a template.

\\

Latest posts