12' Fiberglass Tri-hull Columbian Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This build looks great! I don't know why more of these small conversions haven't caught on here in WA. Keep up the good work!

De Hoog said:
Really like what you did. I have a Livvy like the one in the background, but it's only 10' (actually 9'6") and a bit too small. Getting ready to sell it, but I wish I would've seen what you did so I could have at least enjoyed her a little more than I did and created more space when I got it three years ago. I will miss the stability of it though. Just picked myself up a 12' Hewes Craft to mod. You ever come over to the dry side of the state?

My livingston was my first conversion, i loved the crap out that boat, that thing was unflippable. Click the link in my signature if u want to get a better look at my livingston, it was also a 10 footer like yours.

I havent been over to eastern wa to fish yet, but i have a few trips planned this year, starting next month hopefully, going to cali end of this month for a week lone fishing trip, im hoping to get into some serious pigs down there.

clarkbre said:
This build looks great! I don't know why more of these small conversions haven't caught on here in WA. Keep up the good work!

I know man seriously! You can make a great little mod boat for basically no money if know where to go for materials. This boat cost me MAYBE $100 out of pocket in building materials...thats just screws, hinges, carpet, glue, paint, seat base/perch...all the wood, should have been the most expensive part but i just went to a new construction site near my house and asked the contractor if i could take some of their scrap wood, he said yah take as much as i want...so i did. I spent litterally $0 on wood.

Finally got my first largie of the year.

2lbs 12oz

IMG_0853-1.png

Very nice job on the conversion. I had an Ozark tri-hull and it was very stable. It was very heavy but was strong in the stumps.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321296#p321296 said:
marshman » 05 Jul 2013, 12:38[/url]"]man i like that little skiff....who makes those or where did you get it?? just curious.... looks like a neat little boat...

Its made by Columbia, there's another company called Olympian that also make a similar boat. They are all over craigslist, u can get a decent one for a couple hundred bucks.

Nice tri-hull bud. I used to have a 18 ft tri hull center console 5 years back, on the title for brand it said boat haha...so it had obviously been retitled.

Latest posts