94 Tracker Tournament Pro 18 Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flchris352

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post/thread here. I've been lurking for quite a while and figured I'd share my progress and what I've learned here.

3 Weeks ago I picked up an 94 Tracker Tournament Pro 18 from its original owner. Motor is squeaky clean but the rest of the boat was, well dilapidated.

Rotten deck & floor, moldy carpet, silly rigged electrical etc. (See pics however they do no justice to the horror haha)

Deck was so bad I nearly fell through it getting on the boat for the lake test.

She ran well with the owner and myself in it with the speedo reading 40ish. Certainly its a little happy.

I picked up this gem for $1300 which I felt was an OK deal for the hull, 60hp motor, trailer which is in pretty good shape and the humminbird :lol:

Below is my progress and the pics.

How I got her:
eTrxZmu.jpg

Q5cT6CU.jpg

6zWyZYx.jpg

Xhraibe.jpg

Here's how she fits in the garage (For now, once I do some re-arranging it will fit straight in without having the outboard in the closet)
BJlaul5.jpg

First step was getting the old deck and floor up. It basically came out as wood chips. Wet, slimy wood chips.
l75w0SL.jpg

More to come.

Water logged foam:
yYoxOR4l.jpg

l1hHmPOl.jpg

Foam mostly out:
wOE6smRl.jpg

I ended up trucking about 300 or so pounds of water logged foam and wood chips to the dump.

Foam & Sides out & some glue/gunk removal complete:
AUAbotHl.jpg

These things are great for glue/gunk removal but they don't last super long:
ae7yflhl.jpg

Test fitting the floor and deck cutouts:
rGbM0u1l.jpg

Here's the carpet I chose to use. It's from Lowe's.
sQCd2CQl.jpg

First bit of carpet in, layed it down using DAP Contact Cement (Gel):
VWvoHzWl.jpg

Front deck carpeted and my 2 tempress hatches installed:
O4wXbg8l.jpg

Another piece of carpet in and some prep work done on the back:
955RSvQl.jpg

Floor carpeted and waiting for installation:
UbKI2Drl.jpg

After finally getting some new wires ran (correctly, not just laying across the back deck I was able to move on:

Mostly ready for carpet installation now:
fciL1Fml.jpg

At this point I've completed carpeting the sides, seat hatch covers, console and throttle panel and I've begun carpeting the back deck.
Once the deck is complete I'm just waiting on my new battery charger & seats to come in.

I'll be posting more pictures as I move forward.

Good job. I'll say you got a good deal. That will be a fishing machine when done.

rscottp said:
Amazing how much the waterlogged foam weighs!

Yeah I was really surprised. Granted there was wood, carpet and the old seats in that weight as well.

Mel Kyper Sr said:
Nice work on that front deck

Thanks! I'm still debating adding another hatch on the left side but right now I'm reserving that area for a rod locker.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340017#p340017 said:
RStewart » 28 Jan 2014, 09:59[/url]"]Good job. I'll say you got a good deal. That will be a fishing machine when done.

Hope so, we'll see this weekend!

Pretty excited. Just picked up my new tank from Boyd Welding!

The old tank was in bad shape and they designed a new tank to fit and allow the batteries to be mounted in the middle of the boat. Can't wait to get it mounted!

Here's a cool pic of one of the baffles they installed, even has their logo cut out (even though no one will ever see it haha)
Ve9XyRCl.jpg

Stack of dimes
Y5TYsWWl.jpg

M1tbaywl.jpg

2dlbZool.jpg

Tank is 16 Gallon usable.

My new seats & pedestals should be in by Friday, and I'm hoping my new MinnKota 3 bank charger will be here tomorrow. Trying to hustle so I can get on the water this weekend!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340059#p340059 said:
bigwave » 28 Jan 2014, 16:09[/url]"]Nice work, the tank looks real good. Just out of curiosity, how much did they charge you to make that tank?

Tank was $375 with the fittings and a new sending unit. You can check them out online: https://www.boydwelding.com

Man wish I could get down on the welder like that! Very nice project so far.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340424#p340424 said:
mgolden2 » 01 Feb 2014, 01:51[/url]"]Did you replace the foam that you took out?

Nope, decided against it. [-X

Ok we're 95% done now after a 7 hour marathon tonight. It's going in the water tomorrow sans seats that will be here Monday. Still need to clean up some wiring but the boat is 100% fishable!!!

ffGz2LAl.jpg

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340556#p340556 said:
PZLTracker » 02 Feb 2014, 17:03[/url]"]How did she do? Get her out on the lake yet? Your doing a great job keep posting! =D>

Got her out today on the water for a few hours. Took a run up the Ocklawaha river. Everything went very smooth. No fish unfortunently (kind of a pain to fish with the current the way it is) but we had a great time. Located a few leaking rivets that need some attention but nothing major. Everything functioned very well :) Seats will be here Monday and will really bring the boat together.

We decided to use a downed tree to keep the boat at rest while we relaxed for a few. The current is pretty strong as its a spring fed river. Next weekend we'll be doing some serious fishing at Rodman Reservoir.

fXcyy5Tl.jpg

2ZSS2Ghl.jpg

Latest posts