My Walleye Project - 70's Sea Nymph SS160 1668

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting some foam in and starting the floors

Here you can see where the PO cut out the rear deck support, cut out the rod protector, and cut out the side console. All cutting could have been avoided by drilling out rivets ](*,)

I think for the sake if finishing the project (the starcraft resto is on my mind now....) I may make it a tiller. Depends on what I can find for a motor at bottom feeder prices.

Ok so heres the update....I had twin girls Feb 20th, so all of 2014 has been twin-voloved with them. :LOL2:

I picked up my third boat in 9 months....

Unsure of the year, but its an aluminum hull Duratech!

Bought it for this specifically, with its steering and controls. 1978 50hp Johnson. 119 and 125 compression in the cylinders. Power head coloration was perfect. Spark plugs looked normal. Fired up for a few seconds after using some brake clean in the cylinders last night....so it runs. Will be doing an overhaul on this on the necessities.

Got the motor out with all steering components. 4 nice seats and pedastals. 2 oem metal gas tanks. Lowrance FF. A paddle, map of Lake Erie fishing spots and maybe another thing or two. Paid 350 for everything and sold the empty boat and trailer away for 200. Made out pretty good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396973596.325061.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396973607.442798.jpg

And in the meantime got a new transom covered in spar in the SN

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396973632.642541.jpg

Warmed up a tad one weekend and I wanted to have some rewarding progress done, so I painted the hull. Rusto SE primer followed by rusto marine topside/catalyst hardener.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396973929.175646.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396973937.141704.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396973944.792611.jpg

Now I have the floors cut along with the casting deck. Going with carpet and going to hit the interior of the hull that will show, with some SE primer as it looks nasty right now

What type of glue do you guys use to put the carpet down??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396974148.757726.jpg

The light grey is SE primer, dark is carpet. Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396974170.390965.jpg

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=347957#p347957 said:
rscottp » Today, 12:38[/url]"]I like the color scheme. I see your dogs are helping with the spar!

Thanks Scott! Those potlickers help with moral support!

I have a similar style Sea Nymph that I hope to get a deck in. I am curious about water flow/drainage under your foam. These boats don’t have recessed channels for water to flow toward the back. Do you find problems with water getting stuck?

Welcome to the forum!

The OP hasn't been on the site for 3 years so I doubt that you will get an answer.

Tip for the new members. When researching old threads check out the OP's profile to see if they are still active if you want to ask them a question.

Latest posts