IDAHOAUGER's New Lowe L1436 Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dxdog said:
Great looking boat! What method did you use to attach the carpeted-covered plywood to the rear bench?
Thanks! Small stainless steel screws in each corner. The other carpeted covered plywood sections are not attached and just sit in place so I can remove them to clean, etc.

Have you had any problems with standing up front on the fwd deck of the boat? where did you pick up the carpet?

LOL cant help but notice your house it sure looks like the new bas housing at Mountainhome. I only say that cause I lived in it a while. Either way the boat has turned out real nice carful with the sandbars on the Snake.

Swampthing(True) said:
LOL cant help but notice your house it sure looks like the new bas housing at Mountainhome. I only say that cause I lived in it a while. Either way the boat has turned out real nice carful with the sandbars on the Snake.
Nope, house is in a pretty new subdivision in the Boise area. Thanks!

gordonc777 said:
Have you had any problems with standing up front on the fwd deck of the boat? where did you pick up the carpet?
To be honest, I just sit in the seat on the front deck with no problems, it gets a bit "tippy" standing up there. I do stand on the back area with no problems. As for the carpet, I purchased outdoor carpet at my local Lowes store.

Nice Lowe!
I like how you carpeted the back.
I should have done that with mine, it looks good.
Those are cool seat mounts, are they Bass Pro?

TxTightLiner said:
Nice Lowe!
I like how you carpeted the back.
I should have done that with mine, it looks good.
Those are cool seat mounts, are they Bass Pro?
Thanks! The seats and seat mounts are from Cabela's but I'm sure you can also get them at Bass Pro too.

i want to thank you for the info. i decked mine out and got the carpet done. i would like your input on what you think. it is the post that reads 1970 Lowe 14 ft jon boat mod. i will post more pics when it is complete. thanks again for the advice.

gordonc777 said:
i want to thank you for the info. i decked mine out and got the carpet done. i would like your input on what you think. it is the post that reads 1970 Lowe 14 ft jon boat mod. i will post more pics when it is complete. thanks again for the advice.
Wow, awesome work there my friend on your boat (I just put a comment on your build post)! Very nice. Love the paint and that front deck looks like it will be much more stable than mine.

thanks alot. i will be attaching all of it tomorrow and installing all the good stuff. thanks for all the help. your post helped alot!!

I have seen several great ideas on this site for adding a fabricated mount for using a transom mount trolling motor on the bow of of a Jon Boat. I really could not see spending $70-80 on some of these ready made mounts which have gotten some real bad reviews on this site, Cabela's and Bass Pro. Decided to use some leftover 2x4, water seal, and covered it with left over boat carpet.

Attachments

• IMG_9685.JPG
    IMG_9685.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,553
Completed bow mount after I sealed it, covered it with carpet and bolted into the boat.

Attachments

• IMG_9758.JPG
    IMG_9758.JPG
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 1,553
I added a extention handle to the trolling motor so it is easier to operate from the front seat.

Attachments

• IMG_9765.JPG
    IMG_9765.JPG
    789 KB · Views: 801
Been out fishing from the bank numerous times this year and had a blast fly-fishing the South Fork of the Boise River 4 weeks ago, but finally got the boat out for the first time this year at Lake Lowell in Nampa, ID.

Attachments

• 0607140643.jpg
    0607140643.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 700
Getting ready to get on the lake with my kids!

Attachments

• 0607140648a.jpg
    0607140648a.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 700
Slow fishing day on Lake Lowell but always a good day to get out on the lake with my boat and kids!

Attachments

• 0607140827.jpg
    0607140827.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 699

Latest posts