Hunting.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got three Saturday morning. Was the opener of the second split for duck season. Didn't see a whole lot, but the three that came in died. Hoping things pick up for this weekend with the colder weather we've been having.

2 green-winged teals and 1 mallard hen.
IMG_20141108_100948_zpscmclorqh.jpg

I enjoy hunting turkey, deer, elk, and coyotes. Grew up in Texas hunting quail with my dad, but here quail can be hard to find.
Have taken antelope and a nice tom mountain lion. I'm pretty deadly on skunks, too, when I trap them!

xdzozo said:
I enjoy hunting turkey, deer, elk, and coyotes. Grew up in Texas hunting quail with my dad, but here quail can be hard to find.
Have taken antelope and a nice tom mountain lion. I'm pretty deadly on skunks, too, when I trap them!
A few things you should know about skunks.
1. Skunks will take up residence under a house as their permanent home.
2. Skunks will fight each other for territory.
3. Skunks will spray each other and everything else in a 10ft circle when they are fighting.
4. You can smell this just like they're in the room with you if you happen to be in that house.

I'm pretty deadly on skunks after two nights of the above going on under my bedroom floor. :?

that sucks! I let my dogs out one night when we had 20" of snow on the ground, they came in and I could smell it. they didn't sprayed. but everytime the heat pump came on I could smell skunk. stupid thing was under my deck next to the heat pump. it came on he would spray. neighbors were not too happy at midnight with me, spotlight and shotgun.

In my case it was neighbors be damned, they can put up with what ever it takes to remove the problem or we can swap places for a night and they can smell it all night. :shock:

JMichael said:
In my case it was neighbors be damned, they can put up with what ever it takes to remove the problem or we can swap places for a night and they can smell it all night. :shock:

You mean if they complain about the shotgun blast you will gladly put the gun down and catch them alive so you can relocate them under their house. I like it.

I got back into hunting 2 years ago after growing up on a farm and hunting regularly as a kid. I used to small game hunt every day.
Big fan of bolt action rifles. I just hunt for meat not for trophies. Last year - my second whitetail hunting season in 15 years - I got a small buck and a doe from my tree stand within 5 minutes of each other. I like getting the rifles tuned in for accurate shots and my girlfriend likes shooting too. Probably gonna do less of it now and more fishing though from the boat I just got.

Getting this new scope ready for the upcoming fall hunt in Wisconsin. And my homemade bench rest.

20141217_100411_zpsuq85mqqn.jpg

I almost bought a bow 2 months ago but ended up getting a boat instead. I don't know yet if I will regret that come October or not. :-s

Havent been hunting in 10 plus years most people i know since i moved do not have land or do not hunt on their land. But I would love to go again get me some whitetail deer meat.

Latest posts