Tracker Tournament TX-17 Duck Boat Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the boats been sitting under a tarp waiting for warmer weather when i can hit it with paint but my friend did complete my ice blaster. When i bought this boat it had an old trolling motor on it where the foot pedal didn't work but it still worked when i took it apart and hooked it up to power. Now it'll be a great duck hunting tool to keep water moving and ice from freezing during late season hunting.

That's a phenomenal idea for an ice blaster. I'm likely gonna steal that lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Haven't stopped on the boat it's just been slow going. Today myself and a few buddies flipped the boat and painted the bottom with super slick 2000. I bought a gallon but only used 1/2 a gallon.

Made a couple easles

Sanded with 80 grit

Steel flex super slick 2000

styx river shadow grass stencils and paint ordered. Hopefully it'll be here by the weekend and i can at least get the self etching primer down on the sides. I think i'm going to try and scuff up the steelflex on the sides a little bit so i can camo the entire side, should have thought more about this when i applied the steelflex. I also still have half a gallon of steelflex left and although it seems adequate on the bottom of the boat i may mix up another quart and roll it out just for good measure. I need to get this painted so i can mount the motor and start working on the blind.

Also ordered led trailer lights.

Question, where did you get the tiller handle? Well more then one[emoji6]. Where is the trim tilt switch location on the handle? Last, would a Big Tiller handle work on that motor, mine is a 06 4s. Thanks and great work[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gatorglenn said:
Question, where did you get the tiller handle? Well more then one[emoji6]. Where is the trim tilt switch location on the handle? Last, would a Big Tiller handle work on that motor, mine is a 06 4s. Thanks and great work[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pretty sure i got the tiler handle from marineengine.com

you can get a tiller handle for most models, i've seen tillers on 200hp engines. some tiller handles have tilt/trim built in and some do not. mine requires a separate switch

I really want the trim on the end of the handle. And my 06 has a different cowling setup then 07 and above that I've seen the big tiller on. Wish me luck[emoji106] I not needing a new motor but really want the trim on the handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spend a good three hours this morning removing decals. Heat gun, torch, a scraper and brake clean did the job.

Spend another 2.5 tonight sanding the sides to prep for paint. I shouldn't have steelflexed the sides, but that was an afterthought, so now it's all sanded and ready for a day with no rain.

Looks good! I know all about waiting mines been like this for a month now
9bab506102eebb178dd4ce7e1d9d54a8.jpg
a61f7fce1cc4931431903b4b96c2b06a.jpg

Wow that primer looks as good as paint [emoji106]

Why did you take a picture of just a couple of sawhorses....lol....j/k. Camo looks nice.....:)

That sure turned out professional. Great job.

Latest posts