Frogs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ncfishin said:
I found a spot today, walking on a tax paid paved trail. I quickly found myself wanting to come back in August at night. Me, waders, a light, and a gig. There is a creek running along the trail that is slam full. The trail is a tiny nature preserve, fresh with new deer tracks, in the middle of urbania. The whole trail is like 6 miles long, and used for walking and exercising. I just couldn't help myself for planning a covert summertime frog mission.
That's what we used to do in high school. Local park had a nice pond next to the appomattox river (park was gated and closed at night) walking distance from my buddy's house...... gigged many frogs out of there.

Just blind them with a spot light and grab 'em!! Just watch where your putting your hands, i.e. snakes stalking the same frog your about to grab... As far as them "jumping" in the pan, don't cook them as pairs, cut apart and cook individually. Please don't overcook them!!!

Try pickled okra. Last century, I had an assignment that had me commuting from Chicago to Lone Star, Texas, on a weekly basis. Once every few weeks, I would treat myself to a meal at a Cajun restaurant. One time I talked them into selling me a 2 gallon jar of pickled okra, which I strapped into the empty seat next to me for the trip to Chicago.

It was worth the effort. :)

Latest posts