1993 Sea Nymph 16 ft vee

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Framing this floor took half as long as the other boat and I made sure I could lay down in it just in case I need a nap or wanna spend the night on the water.

vuaZKoPh.jpg

Rod storage going in. The 3 on the far right will stop at the front bench which is good for 7 feet. I couldn't think of a good way to do it until I saw outonthwater's pics. Figuring out how to do these things is half the fun.

Anyone leave their rods in the boat year round? Wondering if winter will affect the reels.

enh1U3Vh.jpg

ZW2cGSih.jpg

Awesome job! I'm making no progress coming home in a thunderstorm EVERY night...tonight will finally be dry so I've got my fingers crossed!

As far as the reels I wouldn't unless they're covered. Even then, in the colder seasons when you'll get condensation and possibly frost, I'd bring them in. Temperature extremes are probably worse than the moisture. If you do go that route I'd make sure to tear them down to clean/lubricate them at least once a year.

It rained here for about two weeks straight so I was happy to get back out there. The styrofoam in the front bench was a mess to cut out. I notched one end of a piece of pipe and attached it to the drill and it went through it in no time. Seven tubes allow for 8 ft rods which is all I need.

A2xvx34h.jpg

I decided to make a livewell out of acm since I can't find the right size so I bought this Crestliner/Flow Rite parts kit from Great Lakes Skipper for $49.95 which looks like a great price but they nail you on shipping. Not at all sure how to fit everything together but it appears to be enough for two livewells minus a pump. Or would it need two pumps?

zd9I5KXh.jpg

Started framing for the livewell today. Boy it was hot and sticky out there. I figured the weight would be centered if it's behind the bench and it would also extend the deck. Everything is vertical despite the bad pic. The bottom will get two layers and the front piece will be against the bench.

oiX1s5dh.jpg

It's coming along. The color of the Silver Grey vinyl is much nicer than my phone can show.

97pykL5h.jpg

A different setting shows it better.

HkfgdhGh.jpg

On clear days I cover stuff with vinyl or frame something for a couple of hours before my back turns into a big knot. The tall spot is the control tower which may get a Lund type of folding shelf for the fish finder. We'll see. It looks kind of tricky.

o4y2NQHh.jpg

Playing with the camera settings.

VPmwCz1.jpg

Man this rain, I think we've had something like 5 feet this year, a record. So nothing much has happened but the hatch switches finally came from China. The first kind I got were too difficult to push down. These are smooth and small and don't cost much so I got a few spares. They're made for fridgerator door lights.
I think these are the ones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZIW7UO/ref=pe_2640190_232586610_pd_te_s_mr_im?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00EZIW7UO&pd_rd_r=1V1KTXCNCVZEFCB7NA5P&pd_rd_w=vfju7&pd_rd_wg=nKBUw

Attachments

• 71O6KjJ0BhL._SL1500_.jpg
    71O6KjJ0BhL._SL1500_.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,444
water bouy said:
The weather finally calmed down and I got a little done. The livewell is 39 x 10 x 11 = 18 gal.

4cT5HOnh.jpg

Boat is looking good. What did you make the livewell out of?

Thanks. I'm using 6mm (.240") aluminum composite panels for the livewell and storage and the floors. Years ago we spent a summer working all around Oklahoma back when we had a textile industry. Good memories.

Forgot to say I used a lot of 5200 marine adhesive in and around the corners of the livewell. It's also going to get a vertical 2"piece of 1/8 aluminum at the rear. I wanna step on it without worrying.

water bouy said:
Thanks. I'm using 6mm (.240") aluminum composite panels for the livewell and storage and the floors. Years ago we spent a summer working all around Oklahoma back when we had a textile industry. Good memories.

Forgot to say I used a lot of 5200 marine adhesive in and around the corners of the livewell. It's also going to get a vertical 2"piece of 1/8 aluminum at the rear. I wanna step on it without worrying.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Oklahoma and got to fish a little while you were here. I've worked all over NC as well. Lol.

So you're just taking those panels and using 5200 to connect them? That's an interesting idea. I don't think I've ever seen that done before.

Yes 5200 and a few rivets. Mostly it rests against the angle. I looked at live wells for months but none turned up that were quite right. And that composite is sturdy stuff.

It's that time of year to work on the boat again. So far I like how it's turning out. Got these hatches off Amazon a year or two ago. Seems like they were about $30 ea.

cFjp1VI.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MUDJC18/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Added a place for the fish finder to mount and also be locked away.

SDthPtAl.jpg

Latest posts