1994 Sea Ark 20 foot Pointed-nose Utility??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whorrall,

THANK YOU. = I'll go look there.
(The executor of the estate said that NOBODY at the courthouse was interested in even talking about another court order to get the title.)

My grandfather would have said that I didn't get the title because, "You weren't holding your mouth right."

yours, tex :( :(

Have the executor write a bill of sale notorized and apply for a bonded title. No big deal in texas. Takes some time but you sound like a patient guy!

the dude,

Do you happen to know how much a "bonded title" costs to get in TX??
(NOT only is it EXPENSIVE, NOT always successfully applied for & but often takes a LONG time to get a title.)

A member of our service club was quoted MORE, than the boat/motor/trailer would be worth, for a bond.

As I'm 72YO, patient though I am, I don't have forever to enjoy a boat. = In 60 days, it will likely be warm enough to get Darla out onto the bays to fish.

yours, tex

To All,

This afternoon about 1630, I heard again from the executor of the estate. - "I'm just not interested in trying to get another court order, so that you can get the title. SORRY for the inconvenience."

So I guess that, that's that. And I've wasted a lot of hours for ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING.

yours, satx :x :x

satx78247 said:
the dude,

Do you happen to know how much a "bonded title" costs to get in TX??
(NOT only is it EXPENSIVE, NOT always successfully applied for & but often takes a LONG time to get a title.)

A member of our service club was quoted MORE, than the boat/motor/trailer would be worth, for a bond.

As I'm 72YO, patient though I am, I don't have forever to enjoy a boat. = In 60 days, it will likely be warm enough to get Darla out onto the bays to fish.

yours, tex
Cost of the bond would likely be $100. Then 30 day notice to the title holder address on file to allow them to object. The rest is just pushing paper and phone call follow ups.

Trust me it's not perfect but if the price right it could still be worth it. I assumed this boat was a project boat and would be a long term one! I totally get why someone would avoid the headache with the title issues. If the seller realizes this then in my opinion the price goes down and makes the deal even sweeter.

the dude,

Fyi, the 2072 (YEP, I've confirmed what model # that the hull is.) is in GOOD shape needing only a sanding smooth/repainting, installation of the OB motor(s), new batteries, the Marine Radio, etc. = IF I could get a clean title to the boat/trailer, it could be ready to fish in 2 weeks or so. = Spring is coming SOON to south Texas!!
(I'm fully retired & have LOTS more time than $$$$.)

Fyi, a local game warden told me that the cost for a "bonded title" on the boat/trailer will be "at least 400-500 bucks & likely considerably more than that", i.e., about as much as the purchase price of the rig is.
(Around here, the insurance companies, who sell "title bonds", "get to you" in a BIG way.) = :x

In the event that you know of a company that will write a "title bond" for anywhere near 100.oo, PLEASE share that company's name, address, website & phone #.

yours, tex

Latest posts