anyone else fly rc planes?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
handyandy said:
I've always wanted to give a 1/5 scale a shot, but I imagine I'd break stuff on it just as often, and parts cost more it seems. But something sure is cool about having essentially a hopped up weed eater engine zipping a little care around 40+ mph.

i couldnt pass up the price. i always wanted one. yes, parts are more expensive. and yes there is something about having a 30cc 25# R/C car. i put a new set of tires on it the other day, lets just say i hope my landlord doesnt drive by and see her yard........

LDUBS said:
I've never flown an RC plane but it is appealing. I would probably enjoy building the planes more than flying them.

When I was a kid we flew planes in a circle on control strings. I remember the Cox 049 engine with this kind of spring windup thing to kick the prop around to get it started. The airplane was a "trainer", meaning the wings were held on with rubber bands so when you crashed you could put it back together. That way you could keep on going until you got so dizzy you puked. Yep, them were the days.
I have one of those control line planes myself.

Latest posts