My winter of rewiring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29

Reaction score
From even before bringing my boat home from the dealer in 12/2011, I wanted 6ga wire run to my 24V trolling motor. The dealer "couldn't" do it, so I figured I would do when I got it home. It was not to be. Not for my lack of trying and trust me, I TRIED!
Fast forward to middle 2019, it's time to rewire. I want to move all electric off of the console and onto a panel to my right (photo to follow).
I plan on looking through the builds, posting my ideas and asking a lot of questions.
My only request? Your input, observations and opinions.
Soon, my friends. Soon!

Fore 19" console Aft 18" console
Will be cutting an access panel up front and a control panel in the back

Attachments

• Aft Console 18in.JPG
    Aft Console 18in.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 555
  • Fore Console 19in.JPG
    Fore Console 19in.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 555
Simple enough job, just be sure to use good quality components. I buy my electrical stuff from Del-City, even make up my own battery cables using one of those ‘sledge-hammer’ powered mechanical crimpers.

Don’t skimp on using adhesive-lined heatshrink, makes a good job better and adds YEARS to the longevity and reliability.

Remember that the total ‘ampacity’ for your circuits will be the total length FROM the battery TO the load and BACK again, so if only 10’ away, that’s at least a 20’ run for factoring the correct wire size. Too many miss this key detail ...

DaleH said:
Simple enough job, just be sure to use good quality components. I buy my electrical stuff from Del-City, even make up my own battery cables using one of those ‘sledge-hammer’ powered mechanical crimpers.

Don’t skimp on using adhesive-lined heatshrink, makes a good job better and adds YEARS to the longevity and reliability.

Remember that the total ‘ampacity’ for your circuits will be the total length FROM the battery TO the load and BACK again, so if only 10’ away, that’s at least a 20’ run for factoring the correct wire size. Too many miss this key detail ...

I noticed your commentary on the other thread, Tracker rebuild.

Latest posts