1988 Alumacraft Pro17 - needs pretty much everything

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so chipping away a bit every night. Just working the gut front to back, then the plan is to clean everything, then floor the front 75% (for something to walk on when doing interior work), then do transom, and then console/wiring.

Framing for the rear casting deck. This all has to come out, you can push through the wood that is the floor underneath it with your hand it is so rotted.

1 by mikejjmay, on Flickr

Main floor out. Foam is completely soaked and shot. All coming out, Lots of mice nests too

2 by mikejjmay, on Flickr

rea livewell cut out, and starting on removing the casting deck framing. This is all tied into the splashwell. This casting deck will not be going back in, and this framing will be cut back basically to the splashwell. 2 reasons - one this is a family boat too, so more of the lower floor space is valued for the young ones. Two, the front casting deck will be for casting with a bow mounted troller to control when casting. The rear will be used when trolling, so the casting deck is not needed. Will be alot of open floor space (all chairs will be in quick mount pedestal bases) when someone wants to fish back there. Should really open it up, and make access to the bilge area SOOOO much easier.

4 by mikejjmay, on Flickr

Great platform to build from. I'm keeping my eye out for something like this. I've done a 14ft boat and I'm gonna redo it if I don't find a nice boat like this over the winter. I like the idea of the open floor plan for trolling. My plans would be similar but I would probably build a removable rear casting deck for when me and a buddy went bass fishing. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Latest posts