Just my thinking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
013.JPG004.JPG013.JPG009.JPGmy boat 005.JPG
Hello,
let me start by saying i have been looking around here for a few weeks now and there are truly a lot of great ideas here.
I grew up around jon boats on the little T and i have my granddad to think for that. So here is my jon and my thinking let me know what you all think good or bad.
Thanks

Yes i do.Here is pics of my set mounts it is all i did today.As weather was bad untill late in day.

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 14,777
You are definitely heading in the right direction!

I like what you are doing. What size aluminum are you using for the flooring? (thickness)

It is thinn .0800 but at 50$ for a 4'x12' i think i got a good deal???????? but that is what the foam is for support. I had plywood i it and it did not hold up so i will try this.
In put is needed good or bad so let me know what you think

hey fishingbuds
green board i dont know. if you are talking about what is rivited to bottom of seat it is alum. l for support as there is no rib .

thanks for looking
I plan on posting pics. once a week and please let me know what you think.Weather wasn't good this weekend so no work on boat. I hope to get front floor in this week and fig. out what to do with batts.
Thanks all

That looks great. Buying a "skin out" jon from the factory is a high $ option. Nice job on the seat mounts as well.

Not Sure what a skin out is???????????????
I just want to work on my jon and want in put from here...........................

Qusackstackr
let me apologize about skin . i now understand what you were talking about. and it works for those of us that can't buy it all up front.I am just working on this as my PAY cheek will allowe. and that is not a lot. I am sure that in this day and age many can under stand that.YES it cost a lot. But in time it will be the way i want it.

Yeah.. took me a while to figure out what the boat manufacturers were talking about when they were advertising skin out boats too. :lol:

Skin out simply means no exposed ribs. It is the floor and covering up the sides like caveman is doing. Adding a "skin" over the "bones". :lol:

Not my terminology.. all of the boat manufacturers have adopted it.

You are making it look just like it came from the factory that way.. at a fraction of the price. Kudos. :wink:

Ok i got some time to work on my boat today here are pics.....

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 4,296
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 4,295
Sorry about duplicte pics i am new to all of this an i make alot of f____ ups sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts