My 2009 Alumacaft 1432

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonBoatfever

Reaction score
Alrght so i bought this boat at the begginingof the year and finally started on it yesterday. I started on the front deck. Today I plan to finish the front deck and the cut and carpet the floor boards. I am only 13 years old but ive done all this work myself and hope on doing most by myself. I also bought this boat with my savings. After all the decking is done i plan to wire an eletrical circut with a control pannel and fuses with all my electronics. I have never done anything with electricity, I know nothing about what ggauges and all tha good stuff. I have navigation lights, fishfinder(humminbird 100sx, generous donation of my uncle),two cigarette outlets, a bilge pump, and maybe a stereo if I have enough money left over. I plan on making a removable livewell ut of a marine cooler and plugging it in to thee ccigaretter outlets. power wise I have a honda bf 8hp early 2000's and a minnkota transom mount 27# thrust. for batteries i want the big deep cycle for the trolling motor, then a smaller lawnmwer sized deep cycle battery for electoncs, maybe a jetski battery. Would that work becouse this boat cant have an extra hundred# of batteries. Your feedback would be great, thanks

Go to www.photobucket.com
Register there and make a username
Follow the instructions and log in
You will see a screen that will say upload and upload the images from your computer
Once its uploaded you will see 4 different "code" and you want to copy the BB Code and paste it here in a post.

I salute you jonboatfever. I got my boat exactly how you did. i'm really the only person in my family that likes to fish, and i used to fish alot from docks, and always dreamed about beeing out on the water in my own boat. my parents never wanted anything to do with it, so i started putting my money away, and by the time i turned 15, i was able to buy myself a nice used 1436 jon off craigslist. i just started doing my mods to my boat too. im slowly but surely making good progress on getting my father interested in fishing as well. but just goes to show how if you want something, go get it. don't let anyone tell you NO. so my hat goes off to you.

ive got some pictures

here is the deck, more pics still to come. all the work is done except electrical stuff.

Attachments

• jon boat first day 001.JPG
    jon boat first day 001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7,196
  • jon boat first day 006.JPG
    jon boat first day 006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7,196
Did you use treated lumber or did you water seal the wood on the front deck? I am going to extend my rear deck and don't know if to use treated or water seal the wood. Thanks.

Did you use treated lumber or did you water seal the wood on the front deck? I am going to extend my rear deck and don't know if to use treated or water seal the wood. Thanks.
Do not use PT because it will eat your aluminum. Treat it with spar urethane, min of 3 coats and you will be good.

I did not treat the wood because i will not be fising in the rain or anything , but i probably should have but im gonna be getting a bigger boat by next summer or so.

its been a while since ive updated this. I plan on getting a bow mount trolling motor and a seperate fish finder for up front. I am moving the livewell in the middle bench seat. It wil be a couple weeks before i have acsess to my boat again. I plan on getting a fish finder later this week. more pics soon. I might also take out all the wood and treatit. I have also made a console on the side.

these pictures were from back in april. I will get some more pictures soon. they are not up to date because since I have wired all my electronics, and made a console.

Attachments

• liams mobile uploads 012.jpg
    liams mobile uploads 012.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6,845
Ok, I am having trouble with the motor starting. I ran out of gas runnin down the lake the other weekend. I think since this happened all the gunk at the bottom of the tank is clogging up the fuel filter and possibly the carbs. Or it could just be the spark plugs. Once its started I have to throw it in forward and gun it for the engine to stay running. Once I do this, It idles, and runs just fine. Let me know what you guys think because I have all this week and next off from school for Christmas break! Thanks again. Almost forgot to mention its a 2000 Honda BF8A, practically brand new. We bught it new, and never hardly ran it. It has probably less than 15 hours on it.

JBF, you could look at the spark plug but at only 15 hours on the motor the plug should still be new,but before you do the plug check get yourself some fresh/new gas ,use the old gas in a lawnmover ,etc (i'd use premium) and throw in some carburetor cleaner (automotive type is ok...make sure it is for carbs not fuel injectors !) and take the boat for a nice long spin...it should clean itself out.Also check your air filter,fuel filter may need to be replaces and the fuel lines,primer bulb.Look for cracks,leaks (you don't want air to get into the lines),good luck and BTW nice boat,nice motor .
Dan

Well, I have still gotta fix my motor, maybe this weekend. I have been having problems with the bearings. I've repacked them twice, and replaced seals, etc. I think I may have to replace the hubs. Any thoughts? They warm up on 20 min rides at moderate speeds. Meanwhile, enjoy this pictures.

Attachments

• boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,321
  • boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,321
Got the Carbs and fuel filter all cleaned out last night. Let em dry over night, and I will put everthything back together todays. Hopfully with some nice fresh gas she'll run like a champ again. Also any thoughts on my bearing problems?

We'll not sure if outboards are different from other carbs...but usually if it wont idle or is hard starting its a pilot/idle jet that is clogged. I'm not sure how your carb is but thats where I would be looking...and changing the fuel filter is probably a good idea. Cleaning the tank out too if you can, may aviod problems again in the future.

Alright HELP ive put everything back together and now im runnin it in a bucket. I idles fin, but as sonn as I give it some gas it get really loud like its runnin at high rpms....its never run like that before. It just doesnt sound right. PLease help me!

Latest posts