For 2017 I am taking a different path and deviating from my normal buys and I will be purchasing a Lew’s Mach II Speed Spin reel. I was always one to buy Shimano thinking the more I more I spent the better the reel. If you have been following this site for awhile, you will remember I took the plunge and purchased a couple of $59 Pflueger President Spinning Reels. These cheap reels are fantastic.They are my work horse reels and they just work. I figure why not give another company a chance, so like I said I will be taking the plunge and spending $80 clams on a Lew’s Mach II Speed Spin reel. I will probably give this one to my son to put it through it’s paces. We are hard on our equipment so to me if this reel makes 1-2 seasons, it will be a winner, opening up the door to more Lew’s purchases.
Lew’s Mach II Speed Spin Series
I will not reinvent the wheel here, because that is not what I do. This description is taken directly from the Lew’s Website.
The Mach II Speed Spin reel is a good all-purpose reel and features a lightweight yet rugged aluminum body, skeletal C40 carbon rotor and smooth 10-bearing system. The stainless steel bail is strong and balanced. The spool is double anodized ported knurled aluminum. Pinion gear is precision-cut solid brass. Zero Reverse anti-reverse is rock solid and reliable. Gear ratio is high-speed 6.2:1 that is appropriate for a broad range of fishing applications. The fold-down anodized aluminum handle is fitted with a Winn® Dri-Tac Knob.
- Aluminum body and sideplates
- Premium 10 bearing system with stainless steel double-shielded ball bearings and Zero-Reverse one-way clutch bearing
- 6.2:1 high speed gear ratio
- Lightweight Carbon skeletal speed rotor with stainless steel bail wire
- S-curve oscillation system
- Double anodized ported knurled aluminum spool
- Aluminum handle with Winn® Dri-Tac knob
- Adjustable handle for right or left hand retrieve
- Strong and balanced stainless steel bail
- Precision cut solid brass pinion gear
- Quality solid brass pinion gear
- Over-sized multiple disc drag system for smooth performance
- Speed Lube™ for exceptional smoothness and uninterrupted performance in all weather conditions from extreme heat to freezing cold
I am hoping this one is a winner, as I am done paying $100 plus for reels. I know some of you use Lew’s products, what has been your experience with them?
Amazon Link: http://amzn.to/2jeA4lW