One of Rapala’s newest products dropped is the Rapala R12 Heavy-Duty Lithium Fillet Knife. With a steep price of $179.29, this may be the solution for those searching for the ultimate filleting tool. Some features they advertise on their page include:
- 80 minutes of continuous runtime
- Twice the speed and three times the torque of standard fillet knives
- LED light for filleting in low light conditions
- On-board LED power gauge to monitor battery status
- Two PTFE coated blades 6″ and 7-1/2″
- Two R12 2 Ah Lithium ION battery packs
- Rapid charging base; battery charge time of 1 hour
- EVA storage case
- Two-year warranty
It comes with a case as well as a charger for the rechargeable batteries.
The Bubba Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric Fillet Knife is sold on Amazon for a much cheaper $120. It comes with a variety of blades and the reviews boast a long battery life as well. It also comes with a charger and a case to bring with you out on the water.
So the Bubba is cheaper and offers a higher variety of blades, but the Rapala knife claims to have 2x the speed and 3x the torque of any other electric filleting knife on the market.
I am really considering getting the Rapala R12 Heavy-Duty Lithium Fillet Knife. What would you guys choose? Let us know in the comments!