12 Foot Jon Mod, Grumman model 1237.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jr, sorry for the late reply, have not been around these parts for a while, I did not sand to bare metal, just follow my build , I pretty much have it explained pretty good, I used 1x2's, screwed on the runners for the back deck ( lowest) then screwed the platform on, on the front I used 1x1's as posts to the runners with a small bracket made my frame, then added platform.

Froggy, what did you use to cut the top of the seat out? I have never cut aluminum before. My plans are now changed for my jon. Great work!

A simple electric jig saw, Manna. just draw the opening on the seat with a marker, then use a fairly large drill bit on each corner ( inside the line) insert jig then simply cut, was very smooth, flotation was solid underneath.

That is a really nice build. 1237 is a nice wide platform. Most 12's are kinda narrow. 1232 is what i see mainly. I have seen 1236 before but never a 1237.

I bet ur going to have a lof of fun with that little boat. Did you get the motor going? It should scoot along pretty good with a 6hp.

Great job Froggy! I've gotten a lot of great ideas from your posts. Looking to start work on my 1958 twelve footer soon. Happy fishing!!! :D