12ft vs 14fter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atb

Reaction score
My deal didnt work out on the lowe 1448, I decided it wasnt such a good deal after realizing it was underpowered and would need a motor upgrade. So back to looking. Anyhow my father in law has offered up a free 12 foot Meyers semi-vee but I need a trailer and motor. After crusing craigslist Ive found I can pick up a couple diiferent 14 ft Meyers, trailer and motors for not much more than what I am seeing for lone trailers and motors. I am leaning toward buying the 14 footer package and getting the extra 2 foot of room and wider beam. Any reason anyone see not too spend $300 to $400 more for the bigger boat? (Other than my father in law thinking I am a wild spender! :lol: )

I paid $350 for my 12' boat and trailer back in the summer... I would defintely pay a few bens more for a 14' and wider boat... You have more room for mods and you're not limited to how high you should deck it.

I'd go for the freebie,and mod it.After I got that one done,I'd go for the bigger boat.After you do the freebie, you'll have a better idea on how you'd like to set up the bigger boat.

ben2go said:
I'd go for the freebie,and mod it.After I got that one done,I'd go for the bigger boat.After you do the freebie, you'll have a better idea on how you'd like to set up the bigger boat.

Ditto. Not that I have a whole lot of experience but I'm learning a crap ton of stuff on this 12 foot sea king. Plus, it's FREE! You can't beat that.

If you keep the 12, you will wish for the 14' , lots more room & stability in a 14 vs 21. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts