14' 1983 Aroliner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff

Reaction score
Recently inherited the boat pictured below and its in desperate need of a complete gut job. 14' Aroliner. I believe it is 1983 but the plate was removed when the transom was replaced so I'm just going off what I was told. 40HP Johnson. Big motor for a little boat. Will only be using it on small lakes. Need to make it comfortable enough to fit my wife and 2 young kids for a year or two. If we use it lots, we'll be upgrading. Likely lots of 2 man trips as well so removable pedestal seats are likely needed.

zkWaNkf.jpg

8Ab4Zkw.jpg

The very rough plan:

-remove all 3 bench seats
-platform at front and back, plywood floor in the middle.
-front platform will extend further out than it currently is... roughly to the wasp nest.
-rebuild steering console while preserving the wasp nest
-rear platform to extend our another foot or so
-cram in xps insulation where ever possible in the platforms
-re-brace the sides at two points; the inner most edges of the platforms
-PVC conduit under the floor that comes up in the console and at the back for easy wire fishing
-Image below of the rough idea

01O30wT.png

Other thoughts...
-if I add 4" or 6" runners down the sides and fill them with floatation, could I get away with none in the platforms?
-would two brace points in the middle be sufficient?

Any thing else I'm missing? First time restoring a boat but lots of experience building/renovating.

Thanks!