14" Rhyan Craft Mod.Complete!! pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you still can't identify the problem area after re-checking the drain plug area you can always got the steelflex route. This stuff looks bad a$$ once dried on the hull. All rivets and seams get encased beneath a tough hard shell of this stuff.

The best part is the price, it's some of the cheapest stuff of it's kind that i've found. 42$ per gallon is best price around IMHO plus if you don't need a whole gallon you can buy it by the quart. Can't do that with Gluvit and other brands and they go for 100$ bucks or better a gallon.

Good luck with the leak....i can recall the every couple hour ritual of bailing out my old jon -never agian :roll:

I called Fasco today and they said the price was 99.00 a gallon is there somewhere else you are getting this stuff?

Ok Fasco is the right place. There are 2 version of the Steelflex - the one that I bought was the Steelflex 9X

Picture013.jpg

You need to tell them that you want the old Steelflex 9X - the stuff that has been around since the 60's and that does not have teflon in it. The 100$ a gallon stuff is the newer stuff and is suppose to be super slick, hence the teflon & possibly other additives and also the much heftier price tag. The old stuff is still nice and slick IMHO, it's not like it dries rough or anything like that.

1 gallon of the old Steelflex 9X was $42.00 + $7.00 4 oz jar of gray pigment and i think it cost like $15.00 to have it shipped. You will have to send them either a check or money order in the mail as they don't accept credit cards. On the plus side though they ship it out as soon as they receive a check and the customer service has been outstanding every time I called with questions.

New Pics!

Attachments

• boat-0017.jpg
    boat-0017.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 6,699
  • boat-0019.jpg
    boat-0019.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 6,700
  • boat-0020.jpg
    boat-0020.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 6,700
  • boat-0021.jpg
    boat-0021.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 6,700
  • boat-0022.jpg
    boat-0022.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 6,701
I found the leak!! I decided to fill the boat with water again and I wasn't going give up until it leaked. sure enough the leak was way up on the transom it was a loose bolt going through the plywood I was able to tighten the bolts until water stopped leaking but I think i will go to the hardware store today and pick up some rubber washers to help. If there is any reason not to do this please let me know. Or if you have a better idea.

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement on this project. I have 3 or 4 small details I would like to fix but for the most part the tigershark is complete. Please allow me to bore you with the details...
Image 1 is a photo of the tackle hatch next to the seat. there are 4 of them on the boat including a large storage area in the rear. Inside the hatches I put a very small tap light I was able to pick these up at harbor freight (pic2). I put 3 cup holders in the deck and I found these nifty trays at walmart on sale. They fit into the cupholders and can be used as a place to rig or to put a sandwich I wrapped the bottoms for a snug fit (pics 3 and 4). Since I wanted to keep the boat neat and tidy I used some eye hooks and bungee cords to create a place to stuff a jacket, net etc.(pic5). I bought new seats,swivels and pedestals. I added a snap to the back so I could always have a towel handy, as well as some pvc pipe to clamp an umbrella too in case of intense heat(I dont think they will hold up in rain or really heavy wind) (pics 6 and 7). Since my son wanted to name the boat TIGERSHARK I decided to add some heavy duty tape to the front sort of like a flying tiger (This is also a tribute to the vets out there! Thank you!) The trailer has been repainted and all new hardware added with the exception of wheels and rims which need re greasing. Please leave comments as to what you like or dislike about my boat. here are the pics! oh by the way we will be getting a motor next season...and the tigershark decal!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 5,133
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 5,134
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 5,135
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 5,137
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5,138
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5,138
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 5,140
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5,139
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 5,140
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 5,145
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 5,146
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 5,151
man I like it all! Great job...great looking boat! I really like the little tray. Would you have a brand name of it? I have not seen anything like that at my wallyworld.

I don't remember the brand name but it was in the automotive section by the cup holders and floor mats when I bought them they were on clearance for 3.99 they sell them as a tray for your cellphone or pda. I hope this helps, sorry.

Killer boat - literally!! that is one awesome paint job.

I thought about doing something like that, but when I saw how bright blue my boat was, I decided against it.

Great Work!

My Father in Law just picked up a 13 ft. boat that looks very simular to yours before your project for my 17 year old son. He has a passion for fishing and after seeing your boat completed, he and I are very pumped to get started on his here soon. I hope you do not mind if we follow what you have done to yours on the inside. It looks great! Thanks for sharing your ideas and inspiration.

Latest posts