14" Rhyan Craft Mod.Complete!! pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,
I'm new to this cite because i want to turn my very old tin boat just like this one before you re did it. I was wondering after you built the front deck, how did you keep it in place. Did you screw it in and did you put plywood over the 2 by 4's after.

Love the teeth been wanting to paint some on mine for awhile. You beat me to it now I must copy you.

Wow thanks everybody! I haven't been here for a while so here are my answers- yes the front is stable I am 6 ft and 185lbs Ymmv if you are taller or heavier.

All of the boat is removable. I built everything over the top of the existing seats,then the 2 floor pieces hold everything in place. I put joist hangars on the seat pcs,dropped 2x4's into the hangars and put plywood over the top to make the floors.there is nothing touching the bottom of the boat.

What I like best about your boat is the big smile on the little boy's face in the build pictures. God's blessings.

my perfect wife bought a stereo for my birthday so here we go again....

Attachments

• DSCF7954.jpg
    DSCF7954.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 2,092
  • DSCF7955.jpg
    DSCF7955.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 2,092
just need a top for this compartment and we are finished!

Attachments

• DSCF7956.jpg
    DSCF7956.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 2,092
Hows that radio work drawing power from the batteries? I wanted to do this but am afraid w a trolling motor an radio it may be two hard on a battery or two

i like the umbrella idea.i cant go binini top cuz we cant troll with the straps in the way.i went to golftown and picked up 2 golfcart umbrella holders and screwed them to the seatbacks.they unscrew for stowability and the mounts stay on the seat.total cost 30 bucks.im off to costco to see if they still have the 3 pack of giant golf umbrellas

I haven't tested that out. I have an optima battery that powers my trolling motor all day I sort of feel like this will not draw too much power- I will report back asaic if i end up in trouble- or not, depending on what kind of trouble it is.

Well Guys and gals the kids have grown quit a bit since the tigershark was modified. We have spilled bait,had the trolling motor repaired and repaired again.We were given a 5.5 horse evinrude which means we needed to modify. photos will be on the way as we progress..... :)

Hi I know this post is an old one, but you wouldn't happen to have a schematic of sorts I could follow do you? I inherited my grandpas boat (14') and I want to do the same set up for me and my five year old son. Any help would be greatly appreciated, GREAT BUILD!

I love what you've done to your little V bottom. It gives me some serious hope as for mine. Lol

Latest posts