14" Rhyan Craft Mod.Complete!! pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Coar

Reaction score
Alright Guys here we go..
I was able to get started on the project this weekend! I found the primer and paints at a combination of Wal Mart and AutoZone. Primer was the Duplicolor self etching primer (green). On the interior of the boat I used Duplicolor acrylic enamel and the interior bottom I used the Duplicolor spatter Paint (trunk paint) On the exterior of the boat I used Duplicolor acrylic enamel.

I have not painted the Hull yet and I am not sure if I should. I would like to go with a light grey but am afraid that the paint will not be durable enough. Please tell me your thoughts on this.

Light blue 2 small cans.
Dark blue 1 large can
Grey 2 large cans
spatter paint (floor) 5 cans
White 2 large cans.
Primer 4 cans.

I have also started the framing for the deck. Please letme know what you think and here are some photos...

Attachments

• _MG_3890.jpg
    _MG_3890.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 18,722
  • _MG_3889.jpg
    _MG_3889.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 18,730
Some of you may already know this, I used the duplicolor spatter paint for the bottom interior of my boat I went out this weekend and much of the paint washed right off! I know that it was not acrylic enamel but I thought since it was trunk paint it would be durable. I was wrong. The rest of the paint looks great so, lesson learned. more pics to come.

I have started to lay some carpet, before I went too far I snapped these photos of the back decking...this section is 2x4's and 1/2" plywood

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 15,137
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 15,138
yes Jim I wanted to make it removable since I am getting some water. I hope I can just remove the floors and open the rear and front hatches to dry it out until I can figure a way to seal the bottom. also I might want to deck the whole front when the boys get bigger.Any opinions welcome!!

No I haven't but when I do what would be my next move? I filled it with water in the beginning and none leaked out.so I took it out and I saw water coming in at the plug so I went and bought a new one which was very tight I then painted the bottom (interior) and took it out again more water, and I ruined the paint. #-o

Since you put it that way I guess I should look a little more closely. =D> I have to laugh at my ignorance!!

Latest posts