14ft aluminium boat safe to fish coastal saltwater and bays?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is a 14ft aluminium boat safe to fish in coastal saltwater and bays?

• Yes

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
answer3 said:
what I am worried about is the way the cars are parked in the street and the angle of my driveway. I made a quick layout to show you my concerns. (this is a one way street, going from right to left). I am worried about the car parked at the bottom left so this is why I want to test this before I buy a trailer/boat. Usually when you guys make a 90 degrees turn how much larger radius do you have do compared to when you don't have any trailer?

Maybe you need to remind those people to stay at least 20ft from the corner when parking.

Tim

answer3 said:
Also another question I have is whether it is possible to move a 14 or 16ft aluminium boat + trailer + outboard by pushing manually the trailer or is it too heavy and it has to be pushed by car? My garage is a little but uphill so I am wondering if I can move the boat + trailer by hand.

I use this: https://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb-heavy-duty-trailer-dolly-69898.html

No problem pushing my 15'6" Bayrunner (probably 1100 lbs. with motor & trailer) up a slight grade - and I'm 74 and losing strength daily.

I fished out of a 14' Duracraft for many years, in the marshes, as well as venturing out of the inlets into the ocean. Probably a few days that were too rough for me to be in the ocean with a boat that small, though. The only thing you really have to be careful about is getting swamped over the transom in rough water. But other than that, a 14' boat with either a 15 or 25 HP engine, is the ideal setup.