15ft Duroboat Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELi_8884

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to this site and i hope someone can help me with a couple of problems i have with a duroboat i purchased i don't know the year or model of it.

I got this duroboat from an old vet who wanted 3k for it but after talking to me he said i can have it or 1k because he didn't have room for it. i could not miss this chance so i did go ahead and bought it. anyway all i know about this boat is its 15ft long and its got a working 25hp Johnson on it. the vet also installed a water pump under the floor to suck water out which is cool. got fish finder on it too.

the problem is that the transom support bar is braking off and the center console bolts are also starting to pull out. i tried to take out the center console but the bolts spin without coming out. i added some pictures of the boat and the parts that have issues. the steering cables are in water for i don't know how long i want to take them out from the middle of the boat and run them on the side so that they will not be in water.

the trailer needs new bearings and wiring for middle lights. Also i took a picture of the trailer vertical bunk brackets they are really rusty do i need to worry about them or are they ok?

thanks for looking.

It looks like the transom is connected to the back of the rear bench seat. I can see where, if the transom flexes, it would cause that damage. The only thing to fix that is put a larger plate on the back of the bench seat to dissipate the stress over a larger area or make different brackets to support the transom to the floor(where most supports are placed). Good luck.

I think you did just fine on the boat. Looks like a great piece to start with. I would recommend a larger washer or even a plate on the backing side of the support bar mount to help distribute the load, and after it is welded back up where it is cracked at.

Also, just was in your neck of the woods for work recently. Last week was in Ephrata, WA area for a few days. Went and seen Grand Coulee dam, pretty amazing sites in your state, wish I had my fishing gear!

thursdaymike said:
That boat looks awesome and has potential. Is the transom wood?
BrazosDon said:
The only thing to fix that is put a larger plate on the back of the bench seat to dissipate the stress over a larger area or make different brackets to support the transom to the floor(where most supports are placed). Good luck.
DOBSONFLY said:
I would recommend a larger washer or even a plate on the backing side of the support bar mount to help distribute the load, and after it is welded back up where it is cracked at.

hey Guys thanks for the replies. I was wondering what you guys think if I would put a larger plate in front of the bench seat and bolt it through the bench seat to the front. what you guys think? also I don't have a welder but guess I will find someone to do it.

hey guys I finally took the motor off. only problem is I bent the hydraulic system tube let me know if I can fix it I don't really want to buy a new one :( :x :(

Latest posts