1648 Mod ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scbassman28

Reaction score
I have a 1648 Grizzly and I am wanting to put a live well in the boat. My problem is this. I have a tiller handle motor on it so I cannot extend the back deck forward or I would not be able to drive the boat. But my thinking is that if I extend the front deck and make that the livewell, if I drive in rough water it will beat up the fish real bad. I know the ride on the front is alot worse the ride in the back. I will post pictures of the current layout and I would appreciate any ideas that you may have.

Attachments

• boat layout 003.jpg
    boat layout 003.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 539
  • boat layout 004.jpg
    boat layout 004.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 539
are you wanting to permanently mount one or is a removable one an option? If you're up for removable, a cooler would work fine in the middle... just put it on the opposite side of your rod/gun locker and you can strap it in to where it won't move around while moving

I am using a cooler now and I would like to build one that is permanent. Does anyone have any experience with building one out of plywood and the fiberglassing the inside?

What under the rear deck as it sits now?
Gas,battery?
Even if you were to put one in the rear,might be to much weight anyways.
If you extend your front deck back to the rod/gun locker,would it be past the bend of the bow?

Latest posts