17 Ft. Lowe deep V leak

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Friend has a 17 ft Lowe with side consol, believe it's a 175BT? Anyway, it has a leak and he thinks it's on his livewell system on the port side. System is all under the floor. Any ideas on how to run new line/lines from the transom to the LW without taking the whole floor up ? Can he get a floor plan for the boat? I'ts a late 80's-mid 90's boat....Thanks in advance

Look for acess panels in, around and behind everything. If no acess panels then start removing the floor. On my Sylvan most of the plumbing is pvc pipe with just a couple of rubber connectors as joints. Check the seals where it attaches to the transom, have saw a few leaks there on other boats. Good luck, chasing leaks can be so much fun!

I've seen leaks come from the flimsy drain line, those are hard leaks to chase.
I'd say take some pics of it and measurements and start tearing up the floor until you access the area you want. Fix it then work your way out repairing. If it's bad enough then rebuild the whole floor or throw a new floor over it. A whole rebuild makes a lot of peace of mind

I repeat exactly what Mr. Giggles says above. Dry the inside of the boat and plug up every opening in the boat from the outside and see if you are still getting water in.

Very often, livewell pumps and hoses are the culprit.