1925 Evinrude Ruddertwin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pappyfromthekeys
Picked up a really nice Evinrude Ruddertwin today in excellent shape. Almost no hand tool marks anywhere on the engine! Nickle plating still intact almost everywhere it was applied.
Am in Tomahawk Wis. at the National antique outboard show and swap meet

Wow. Makes you wonder what it's story is, where it sat in the crate for so long.

Makes you wonder how many other goodies are buried in a warehouse somewhere.

yes. That was the method of starting. They start super easy and run very smooth and consistent. Plus, using timing only you can go from forward to reverse rotation while at an idle RPM and back your boat up! There is no water pump in this one though so cooling is done by a pressure system using the propeller for pressure and those coiled tubes to use gravity/vacuum to get rid of the cooling water. Pretty simple and ingenious for that era.

It's not there.......yet. There is a very good chance this one will be run. However......Lesa has no problems displaying some engines in there.
I have another one on a stand in the living room at the moment that is really not living room quality. I will make that change, you can bet on it!

Very nice! I can never quite make the Tomahawk show :( Just got back from up that way last week, our annual Wi vacation, on the Eagle River Chain this year.

Well....Next year is the same dates apparently. First week of August. It really is pretty impressive as far as this hobby goes.
While there I also picked up a Johnson A-45, the last year before that engine went to an alternate firing twin. Will take some shots of that as well. I got it running already while up there and ran it on a boat for a while.

Latest posts