1957 AlumaCraft Deep C boat serial number location ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abu Josh

Reaction score
Maybe I need another cup o'joe, but I can't seem to find where my boat's serial number is? Did they even have serial numbers on '57s ?
Thanks !

Attachments

• 57DeepC.jpg
    57DeepC.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 1
  • s-l1600 (15).jpg
    s-l1600 (15).jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 1
  • s-l1600 (16).jpg
    s-l1600 (16).jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 1
The Fed's did not require Hull Identification Numbers (HIN) to be affixed until 1972. They are traditionally stamped in the aluminum on the upper right of the transom. Yours, being a 1957 model likely doesn't have one. That is a HIN which is the equivalent to a car's VIN. You asked about a serial number. I'm not sure if they are the same.

You'll find it stamped on the spine of the transom knee brace.
It should be "N xxx" for the Deep C.
Post up what you find and I can verify the date it for you. I happen to have a copy of the factory paperwork for these years.
Alumacraft customer service is also famous for replying if you want a response with a factory letterhead.

I guess this is off topic but when you refer to an alum. deep "V" or deep "C" boat as ..... 14'/52" (14/52 or 1452), does the 52" refer to the floor or the wider length at the gunnel (gunwale) ??
Thanks for your generous consideration,
Sincerely ..................

I guess this is off topic but when you refer to an alum. deep "V" or deep "C" boat as ..... 14'/52" (14/52 or 1452), does the 52" refer to the floor or the wider length at the gunnel (gunwale) ??
Thanks for your generous consideration,
Sincerely ..................
It's certainly not definitive, but in my world, a jon boat's width is measured at the floor for the sake of the moniker. The actual width of any boat however, is it's beam or measurement at widest part, gunnel to gunnel - whether that's at the transom or midship.
Additionally - especially with vintage v-hulls - one can also have the transom width quoted - which is relevant to mounting single or twin motors.

And for what it's worth, "Deep C" isn't a generic term, it's an actual model name from Alumacraft. All their early boats had hulls tagged with letters of the alphabet. The C hull boats were all 15' and identical from the gunnels down, but were outfitted differently topside to create the Deep C, the Flying C, the Open C, the Super C, etc... Similarly, they had a 14' known as the F hull, a 12' known as the R hull, etc, etc.

It's certainly not definitive, but in my world, a jon boat's width is measured at the floor for the sake of the moniker. The actual width of any boat however, is it's beam or measurement at widest part, gunnel to gunnel - whether that's at the transom or midship.
Additionally - especially with vintage v-hulls - one can also have the transom width quoted - which is relevant to mounting single or twin motors.

And for what it's worth, "Deep C" isn't a generic term, it's an actual model name from Alumacraft. All their early boats had hulls tagged with letters of the alphabet. The C hull boats were all 15' and identical from the gunnels down, but were outfitted differently topside to create the Deep C, the Flying C, the Open C, the Super C, etc... Similarly, they had a 14' known as the F hull, a 12' known as the R hull, etc, etc.
Wow, I appreciate the generous consideration. Thank you for the lessons. I have a vintage "V" bottom alum. (riveted) boat that is so tight and strong I just love it. It's 14' long and got a 54" gunnel but the transome is only 50". Unfortunately I can't find a tag on it so I don't know who made it. I'm in the middle of restoring it now and the 64' Evinrude 9.5 hp engine that I got w/it.
I will say you are the type of member that make these forums wonderful,
Thanks again,
Sincerely ................

On my F model the no. is on the center transom brace. You probably have one too. It's not a deep stamping and it was completely covered with paint. Once I knew where it was at, a little sanding revealed it.

Latest posts