1959 Lowell boat needs restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddyBird

Reaction score
I have a rare 1958 - 1962 era unique all aluminum boat, this is a runabout design, and made entirely of aircraft aluminum to be precise I was told from the old man I purchased it from 25-years ago it was from a P-52 mustang surplus airplane, it was made from the aluminum skin and put together with aircraft rivets, the boat originally was manufactured in Washington state. I have all the parts some NOS stock and some pieces have already been powder coated in the original color. I looking for someone or some business who is interested in restoring this boat.
I live in Arizona , the boat is currently in the Sacramento, California area.

From my Dad's experience with real P-51 Mustangs, I'd opine there's not enough 'clean skin' in one to make a clean running bottom or even the topsides. They were panel-pieced and riveted together, much more than our boats!

That said, from here: https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?t=47496

Lowell Lightweight Boats

Lowell Aluminum Boat Works
E 2705 Sprague
Spokane, Washington

This company was operated by Rolfe A. Lowell and his brother Robert Lowell beginning in 1947. Rolfe formerly worked for Boeing where he presumably gained experience in manufacturing with aluminum (May 10, 1947 Spokane Daily Chronicle).

Latest posts