1959 Sea King

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanDeitz

Reaction score
I have a 1959 Sea King. I have no idea which model it is. I cannot find any plate with model or serial number. I am curious if someone can identify or knows of a resource to research information on my boat. I checked Google and Facebook with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 0866AF7A-C0C4-49E0-9021-4EE7CC505E4B.jpeg
    0866AF7A-C0C4-49E0-9021-4EE7CC505E4B.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 3
  • B0671EF9-00A3-46F6-9B46-0071E833AB1A.jpeg
    B0671EF9-00A3-46F6-9B46-0071E833AB1A.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 3
Go to Fiberglassics. they have a great section for aluminum boats. Your engine is a 1956 30hp. A one-year only engine. Nice one to have.
I will show you something else that would be a great addition for your particular boat. Have to dig out the pics........

Found them.
These are a matching pair of 1959 Sea King 35hp engines. Total estimated time on the engines is less than 40hrs and possibly less than 30hrs.
These engines were located in Columbus Ohio until around 10 days ago and were listed in FB for quite a while. A friend of mine and I bought them. He lives in Alabama and I am in Florida. Along with the engines comes with the original titles, signed over properly to each of us and run through the system in Columbus, Original drive shafts so that I can convert these back to 15" short shaft engines, and the original red plastic floating key fobs with Sea King and the original dealer's name.

Hanging in the garage in Columbus with the original owner's son.

Paint still looks brand new on these. Boat was a Chris-Craft and was stored inside. Engines were properly stored each time after running..

In the garage in Alabama. Along side a 1958 Johnson 18hp I built for him a few months ago.

And what is apparently a brand new gas tank. My buddy said it looked like it had never had fuel in it.

That is a real looker! Shiny aluminum really turns heads. The Fiberglassics website mentioned above sometimes references advertising materials for the different boats. Hope you find materials to enjoy.
I made some "duckboards" out of salvaged teak slats for my boat. They weigh nothing, and they're friendlier to step on. Keeps your feet and baggage up out of any wet that might have come in too.
Shine on.
Ron

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 0
That is a real looker! Shiny aluminum really turns heads. The Fiberglassics website mentioned above sometimes references advertising materials for the different boats. Hope you find materials to enjoy.
I made some "duckboards" out of salvaged teak slats for my boat. They weigh nothing, and they're friendlier to step on. Keeps your feet and baggage up out of any wet that might have come in too.
Shine on.
Ron
I love the boat. It looks so classic. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Found them.
These are a matching pair of 1959 Sea King 35hp engines. Total estimated time on the engines is less than 40hrs and possibly less than 30hrs.
These engines were located in Columbus Ohio until around 10 days ago and were listed in FB for quite a while. A friend of mine and I bought them. He lives in Alabama and I am in Florida. Along with the engines comes with the original titles, signed over properly to each of us and run through the system in Columbus, Original drive shafts so that I can convert these back to 15" short shaft engines, and the original red plastic floating key fobs with Sea King and the original dealer's name.

Hanging in the garage in Columbus with the original owner's son.

Paint still looks brand new on these. Boat was a Chris-Craft and was stored inside. Engines were properly stored each time after running..

In the garage in Alabama. Along side a 1958 Johnson 18hp I built for him a few months ago.

And what is apparently a brand new gas tank. My buddy said it looked like it had never had fuel in it.
I saw those on fb, I live a couple hrs away. Good job picking them up!

Shine on.
Ron

I saw those on fb, I live a couple hrs away. Good job picking them up!
I appreciate you responding to my post. Those engines are beautiful and obviously one belongs on my boat. Currently I’m quite happy with the RD-18 I have on the boat. I would be curious what the price is and if you have the controls.

Shine on.
Ron
Wow! You’ve done an excellent job on your boat. Two questions; did you shine it with a rotary wheel and clay bars? How do you maintain the shine? Wax? Also I’d like to see a picture of the floor boards you’ve created. Do they attach in some way?

Hi
I do use a pleated wheel and clay bars. The grinder has a variable speed trigger which improves the process.
I go over the whole surface in the spring, and maintain during the season with turtle wax spray-on wipe-off stuff every once in a while.
I’ve got the boat buttoned up and stored now, but will photo the duckboards if I can. They’re not fastened down in any way, but they are designed to “pinch fit” between the bulkheads forward and aft of each. That way they don’t rattle when underway. There’s a guy up in Portland has a giant warehouse of used and salvaged marine stuff. I bought some old ones to dismantle for materials.
Happy holidays

Latest posts