1960 LONE STAR CRUISELINER on a NICE TANDEM TRAILER

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

Just today, I found this 1960 "tin" 23 foot cabin cruiser that appears to be "all in one piece", all there but quite SAD & FORLORN due to disuse & lack of care.

The Cruiseliner is powered by the original 120HP MERCRUISER engine/outdrive & I'm told that it ran fine just last Fall, when the PO used it for river/cat fishing up in North Texas..
(NO, I have NOT heard it run myself & the last owner has passed away, so I'm going on what one of his "fishing buddies" told me.)

Inasmuch as I have NOT seen even one CRUISELINER in at least 25 years, they must be FEW left of whatever the number that Lone Star produced was.
(Does ANYONE who is reading these lines have any idea of how many I/O CRUISELINERS were built?? And perhaps even how many were originally fitted for outboard power?)

Therefore, I would like to RESTORE the big tin boat to "FACTORY" & hopefully get a considerable percentage of the required work done while I'm on "furlough" from my regular job.

IF anyone has a FACTORY BROCHURE that shows the boat, GOOD QUALITY PHOTOS and/or a "spec sheet", i would like to purchase, borrow or pay someone to make me copies.
(Needless to say, I do NOT want to do a lot of work on the boat, only to later find that what I did was incorrect & has to be redone.)

THANKS for reading this post.

yours, tex

Latest posts