1961 Grumman 12’ Cartopper - Looking for info

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vwchappy

Reaction score
Hi All! I’m a boat guy and recently picked up a really cool boat. 1961 Grumman Cartopper 12’. I saw it on Marketplace for $200 and included a 1968 Johnson 9.5hp. You better believe I didn’t delay on that deal! Score! Pretty cool fact about the boat is that the older gentleman that owned the boat was a Cello player for Frank Sinatra which makes this boat and even cooler score!
So, what I am looking for is info on the boat in the form or brochures, catalogs, pictures, etc. Can’t find much about the car toppers at all. Mainly the sport boats and canoes in the Grumman lineup. Does any one know of any of this or even cartopper groups/forums, etc.? When I get something new I get passionate about it and want to know everything. Also there is no ID plate on this boat but I contacted the PA Fish and Boat commission and it did come up from the registration numbers and I was able to register it with no problem.
Here is a video of my maiden voyage with my old 3hp powering it. Didn’t try the 9.5 yet.

Attachments

• BBA9DC09-6409-4BE8-9BC7-EAAE524B8279.png
    BBA9DC09-6409-4BE8-9BC7-EAAE524B8279.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Cool looking old boat, those years,I was working at a marina summers and can remember these old boats. From the pics it looks longer than a 12 footer, especially having 3 bench seats and a bow seat, not sure all that would fit in a 12 ft'r. Anyhow thanks for the video, brings back many memories !!

Latest posts